Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wed. April 5

From a sunny, warm (in the 70s) MO,

This has been sort of an active day for us. The girls did a good job of sleeping last night - sure helps my mentality when that happens.

Jim joined both groups for breakfast this a.m. Don Dupy is home from St. Luke's without having to have major heart surgery - sounded to me as if they cleaned out a blockage. If Jim understood right, Gene Whitmer will be going to St. Luke's in the next few days for major heart surgery.

The girls had a chance to go for a ride this a.m. as I took them to HyVee where I joined Pat for breakfast. Then I did some minor grocery shopping and then the three of us went to the outside drop box at the post office so I could drop in some mail - had forgotten to give it to Jim this a.m.

I've actually accomplished quite a bit (for me) today. Jim helped me lift the overloaded dining room table to the front room before he left for breakfast and I did some major vacuuming of the floor and for various dust sites on the walls and crevices. I then did a mopping of the floor. Oh, yes, the four rugs have also been washed. I don't know how long the floor will stay clean, but it does look better.

Jim's major project this a.m. was getting the riding lawnmower to start. This project took him close to two hours, but it seems to be working now. We are due to get rain maybe tonight and tomorrow so I know that by Saturday, the yard will need a major mowing - first of the season. Jim then spent a couple of hours in bed - some of it reading and some of it sleeping.

I fixed a "boxed" pie this a.m. and will start supper in about 45 minutes - cubed steaks (haven't had these in ages), potato, maybe some gravy (Jim has hinted that this would taste quite good), and a combo of corn and green beans - along with some pie.

I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m. and beyond that I just need to tackle some projects at home. It sounds as if we may be watching the weather closely tomorrow - so if tomorrow afternoon and evening is dicey - I won't be on the computer.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home