Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tues. April 4

From a now dark, almost temperate MO,

This has been a rather full day - and somewhat of a long one. I bragged on the girls too soon yesterday. We watched the basketball game last night which was a little later than usual for me, I was up at 2:00 with the girls as they needed to go outside, and was then up again at 5:00 with the girls as they were letting me know they desperately needed to go outside. I'm thinking that food and water stayed on the floor too long for them last evening so will see what tonight brings.

Jim rousted me about 8:00 this a.m. with the promise of going through the drive-through at McDonalds. From there we did a few errands - quick stop at supt. office, post office, and then Dr. Eden's. Martha was wanting to make a quick trip to the antique place that Clark and Sandy Gwin have (south of town) so we took off to check this out. We then stopped at what used to be the Duck Club for Martha to see what was there - she found two or three things that she wanted to consider.

Jim had offered to take me out to lunch today and we enjoyed good sandwiches at the bowling alley - plus today was buy one and get one free - so that made a rather inexpensive outing.

While Jim rested I took two pieces of sheet music that Grim had designed (and had his name on the piece) as well as a picture to Kelly to be matted and framed. I'll pick them up in a week or so.

Jim headed over to the track about 2:30 as photos of the teams were being done today. I headed over a little after 3:00. The meet wasn't to start until 4:30, but it was so nice outside that I thought the fresh air would be good for me.

Dennis Benson (a high school classmate of Doug's) again helped run off the pole vault - sure relieves a lot of pressure on Jim and he is able to "coach" the kids this way. Kelly (Dennis' wife) sat next to me during the meet (also a classmate of Doug's.) There were several parents watching as well as students.

Supper was leftovers tonight - thank goodness they were in the refrigerator. We had more of the King Ranch casserole as well as a combination of corn/lima beans. I had used the last of the pound cake - cutting it into layers with low sugar strawberry preserves on each layer.

Jim has breakfast with two groups in the a.m. He should hear more on Don Dupy and I'm not sure when Gene Whitmer is scheduled for surgery - maybe he will also pick up that data as well. If my old body will cooperate, I'll head to HyVee in the a.m. and join Pat for breakfast. I also have a list of grocery needs and that way can take advantage of their senior discount that they offer on Tuesday and Wednesday each week. I need to tackle some Jobson genealogy also tomorrow.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have caught up with reading on this website. The photo of the pole vault is good k

4/04/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home