Friday, March 24, 2006

later Friday, March 24

From a still somewhat light MO,

Today has been relatively quiet.

I left here about 11:30 to head to the bowling alley for lunch - Kay and Mary showed up. We had a good visit.

In the meantime, Jim picked up the girls about noon - then headed to get some nap time.

Pat and I ended up going to Trenton this afternoon. We haven't bought a new umbrella in years and one of our "large" ones was destroyed in wind a week or two ago. I thought we would find one at WalMart- but struck out. I also checked Stage today - again struck out. Pat and I checked three places in Trenton - and struck out again. On Monday, I am going to go first to Beemer's and if I strike out there, will then go to the JC Penney order store and check their newest catalog. We don't really need a large "golf" umbrella, but one still a good size. Oh, well - we should have thought of this when we went to KC last Saturday.

Track was out earlier than usual today - a big meet in Warrensburg tomorrow as well as temps here in the 30s and a very cold wind.

The chocolate chip pie that I made this a.m. turned out great and I've made a delivery of the second half to Scott and Brandi Ellis. Scott's eyes lit up when he found out what kind of pie it is.

We plan on being at HyVee by 6:00 in the a.m. for breakfast and then Jim plans on being gone from there by 6:30 - to head to Warrensburg. I doubt if we will wait for the entire meet to be over before we head home tomorrow afternoon.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home