Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tues. p.m. March 21

From a now dark, somewhat cool MO,

The day has basically gone well for us. Jim dozed the middle part of the day and about 1:00, the girls and I joined him.

Jim made a second trip to Westlakes to pick up a few more posts for the fence and then went on to track practice. Yesterday he had them run, but today he decided they needed to be on the runway as they could face some meets comparable to today. He was really quite proud of their attitudes when practice was finished.

We had a call this afternoon that our taxes are done. I loaded up the girls and we went to Scott's office to retrieve the needed paperwork. I have the large envelope in prominent sight so I hope to get the needed checks written tomorrow.

Supper was basically leftovers - the last of the baked chicken, sliced the last of the sourdough bread - buttered it - and heated it on the t-fal pan, fixed baking potatoes, cooked some frozen lima beans, and finished off the pie from yesterday. I may have to do some cooking on Wednesday!

I have read on the Chiaverini book today and probably can't finish it this evening, but I will give it a good effort.

Jim joins two "old fogie" groups for breakfast in the a.m. At some time we plan on getting the fencing in place. He put the larger metal posts in place today (we have some kind of device we got years ago that goes over the metal post and then you just hammer it in place - got it after I had held numerous metal posts over the years and kept thinking the maul would slip and break my arm).

I don't have much planned for Wednesday. I will probably have breakfast at HyVee and do some minor grocery shopping. I have a list of quick errands that need to be done - return an audio book to the library for Jim, take some HyVee receipts to Dewey, and surely there are two or three others. Oh, well - the list has been started so I won't worry about it during the night.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home