Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thurs. March 16

From a now dark, cool, breezy MO,

This has been a FULL day.

Actually it was an active evening as well. Helen called about lunch today and then Sandy Wheeler called later to indicate that John had been checking out the fishing report at Pomme de Terre and noted that the writer had told of tornado destruction in that area. One of the areas that we frequent (maybe 3 or 4 miles from campground that we use) was no more due to the results of a tornado on Sunday evening. Two convenience stores, restaurant, and motel are gone. I have no idea out many campers (pop-ups and trailers) were parked there (used as storage area to be pulled to campgrounds when owners arrived), but a good 100 or more might be in the ball-park. We kept our pop-up there for many years. I'm sure that nothing remains of them other than debris. I told Jim that I would call where our camper is stored when I got back from breakfast, but bless him, he got on the internet and located the telephone number and had a visit with the owner - maybe a little damage on outside, but items in storage were okay. I think John and Sandy are making a trip down there this weekend to check out their storage unit (located in a different area than ours.)

We had eight at breakfast this a.m. - Johnna Sue, Sandy, Pat, Jan, Mary W., Margaret, Ellen Whitmer, and yours truly. We were still visiting when we broke up at 9:00!

I did a couple of errands on my way home and then had a haircut at 10:00. Then I went to the middle school to "show off" my newly completed rug hooking project. Somedays, I just need positive strokes and Mary Lou and Laurie know how to do it.

I headed out again about 11:15 as I wanted to pick up a sandwich before going to my noon RSVP meeting. After that I went next door to the library and puttered there until our 1:30 board meeting.

Jim was at track practice (had gone down for a doze a little after 10:00) when I returned home. I made several phone calls that I normally would have procrastinated in doing - checked to be sure that Retired Teacher Scholarships had been picked up in January - had been so I shredded the applications from last year, called the rug hooking place in Liberty to see if she was going to be in on Saturday to critique my just completed project and to help me in color selection of next project (she was quite agreeable), called Helen (I never procrastinate doing this), called a lady about being on the RSVP Advisory Council for next year (she was agreeable) so then called the head of our local RSVP to let her know that this gal was agreeable. About the only phone call I didn't make (actually forgot) was to a place in KC that carries a lot of "spare" parts for appliances - need to replace the rubber ring in the lid of my very old pressure cooker that is somewhere between 30 to 40 years old - and is somewhat of an off brand.

Jim is wanting to see Phil Willard in the a.m. and then he sees Dr. Metry at 11:30 - or thereabouts - time is written down, but I'll check that in the a.m. I don't plan on doing much - just enough projects to avoid housework!

Dara sent me an e-mail today trying to help me figure out how to add photos - will try again in a few days. She also sent me instructions on adding websites. I'll try to add Doug and Dara's site -- did so, but kept getting an error message. I took the pop-up off Friday a.m. and still got the error sign - will try a second time on Friday a.m.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home