Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wed. March 8

From a now dark, but still early, almost balmy MO,

We experienced more rain during the night as well as intermittently today - and I don't think anyone is complaining.

I had a restless night as the girls are not accustomed to thunderstorms and several seemed to roll through - just enough to wake them up - and therefore me. I did begin moving about 7:15 this a.m. as I wanted to go to HyVee and have breakfast with Pat.

I am not sure just what all went on today - Jim had breakfast with two groups this a.m., dozed during the middle part of the day, and left here about 2:30 to head over to the track. Alex was there to help him today and at least three vaulters didn't show up so I think they had a good practice - between rains.

I ended up going to the bowling alley for lunch and had good intentions of finishing the hooking on the rug/mat, but ended up getting only one more corner finished - then went down for a two hour nap. I had planned on reading, but just couldn't stay awake.

About 3:30 - I headed over to the track to watch practice. At first it was almost balmy - light long sleeve shirt was enough, but it wasn't too much longer when I was glad I had taken a hooded sweatshirt. By the time we were leaving, light rain drops were coming down. Chauncey Meneely and Jake Brooke (she was a former pole vaulter and he attended SW high school and had come to Jim for some help his senior year - ended up being small school pole vault champion that year) came by for about 30 minutes. Jake is a junior at CMS at Warrensburg and Chauncey is probably finishing her sophomore year at CMS - hopes to get admitted to the nursing program.

I have puttered with material for the Jobson reunion this evening and need to get going seriously on some of the updates. I don't think I'm procrastinating, but I am letting time slip away from me - way too quickly.

I join the ladies for breakfast in the a.m. and beyond that I have a couple of errands to do - then plan on being lazy. I have many things I need to putter with - so we will just see what happens.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home