Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday March 5

From a now dark, almost balmy MO,

This has been a relatively quiet day for us. The girls did a good job sleeping last night and I didn't hear them until probably 4:30 this a.m. After their trip outside, I let them join me in bed and didn't hear them again until Jim came upstairs - probably 6:30 to 7:00. I just couldn't get out of bed this a.m. and kept going back to sleep - finally forced myselft out just before 10:00.

After showering, I fixed French toast for breakfast and then settled in to enjoy the morning newspapers. Afterwards, I put the roast and beans from last night in the pressure cooker and let it do its job for about 20 minutes - the meat was then so tender that it was hard to get it out - will be good for a Monday supper. I also fixed a box dessert for supper tonight and tomorrow. By this time I had enough items to justify running the dishwasher. At some point in the a.m. I also pulled the vacuum cleaner out and worked in the main bedroom - removed way too much in the way of dust - I just don't see how it accumulates so fast. I do want to clean the blades on the ceiling fan before I go to bed tonight - then the room should be somewhat clean.

Jim slept most of the afternoon and I eventually settled in to do some rug hooking - about 3:00 - just in time for the Texas basketball game. Jim came upstairs soon afterwards and again we enjoyed watching AJ Abrams play for Texas.

Supper was leftovers tonight - chicken from Friday night as well as sugar snap peas and Brussel sprouts. I seem to have difficulty with bs anymore as they remind me of mom's last hours. Of course we also had some of the dessert that I had fixed this a.m.

The house builders worked some this afternoon and now have the south and north walls up as well as some of the dividers within the duplex. We are to have some much needed rain this week so I am sure that is why they worked today.

Jim is currently watching the Oscars and I will rejoin him momentarily. I really could care less and for some reason we haven't seen very many of the films this year.

I have the computer work for Mobile Meals in the a.m. and then will join Jim at 11:00 to go to the Social Security office to meet with Jan Pyrtle about Jim's upcoming SS eligibility. I must remember to take a visual identification with me. The last time I was there I had left my purse in the trunk of the car and they wouldn't let me in. I had to go back to the car and get it just so I could get a message to Jim that he had another appointment coming up in about 15 minutes - elsewhere. I'm surprised we don't have to go through something similar at the post office - am not sure why the SS office has to be that much more protected - oh, well - another of my peeves.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home