Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sat. March 5

From a coolish, dampish MO,

This has been a good day around here. The girls slept until 2:30 (had put them out early last night) and since Jim was sleeping downstairs, I let them join me in bed - didn't hear a stir from them until about 6:30 - and I think they heard Jim downstairs moving around. I had actually awakened before 2:30 with a pounding headache - not like I've been having lately in the back of my neck - just a general headache. I took some Tylenol and it eventually took effect, but I was quite tired when I began sort of moving this a.m.

Jim "took" me to Country Kitchen for breakfast this a.m. - short stack for him and a "lighter" omelet for me - along with dividing a side order of bacon. Afterwards, we picked up the girls and headed to Trenton as I wanted to look for some semi-dressy-old lady shoes. We were having enormous flakes of snow come down when we left Chillicothe and the temp. went down and down as we headed north to Trenton. Some snow seemed to be adhering there, but there was no problem with ice. I found sort of what I was looking for and we were soon back home - and tucked into bed for a good, long nap - probably close to 3 hours.

Jim went to see a movie this afternoon and I have puttered some on my rug hooking project.

I had tried a new "dish" in the crockpot today - bottom layer was dry, uncooked pinto beans, next layer was a chuck roast, then I put some onion powder and garlic on the roast, then topped all of it with a jar of picante sauce as well as water. The roast wasn't as tender as I really like, but it was edible and the beans were great. I'll put the roast in the pressure cooker on Sunday and do some more tenderizing of it. I don't know what I do wrong, but roasts in a crockpot never really turn out the way I like them.

I checked Doug and Dara's blog this evening and Dara has a very good photo of a decorative cake that a good friend of hers made for Dara's birthday. It is worth looking at if you have the time.

We are going to watch the Duke/NC basketball game tonight and I am going to finish off at least three chemo hats. I took two with me to Trenton today, but forgot to take an extra knitting needle so I couldn't get them finished - am really slacking in my old age.

Tomorrow we plan on watching the Texas basketball game and I'm sure Jim will watch the Oscars tomorrow night. I will probably just go to bed with a good book and let the girls go back and forth from the bedroom to the front room.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home