Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wed. March 1

From a now dark, late (for me) and windy MO,

This has been a full day. The girls slept better last night, but the a.m. still came too soon. I finally dragged my body out at 8:00 - Jim had left at 7:15 for his weekly breakfast with the "old fogies."

We left here a little after 9:30 to attend the funeral at our local Catholic church. There were lots of people already there (funeral at 10:30), but we found seats and began our wait. The church was soon full with people also standing. By the time we left after the service, Jim was worn out with the small pews, standing, and sitting.

I ended up going to the bowling alley for lunch. I hadn't taken time to call anyone, but when I arrived, four ladies were already there and were celebrating the birthday of Mary Thompson. They nicely invited me to join them - which I admit that I did.

Jim dozed some this afternoon. I spent about one hour sitting on the deck in the delightful sunshine. I am guessing the local temp. may have reached 70 or above today - just a nice balmy temp.

Jim headed over to the track after 3:30 and I joined him about an hour later. Vickie had organized the pole vaulters and some weight people to get the porta pits out of the shed and set up before Jim got there so he wouldn't feel the need to do any lifting. Bailey Benson had been put in charge of this detail. By the time Jim got there and all of this heavy work had already been done, he went through the poles with the kids and when I arrived they were readjusting to having the poles in their hands. The smiles were absolutely delightful. Manion Cole was also there. He was a former vaulter and has graduated from MU - home to attend the funeral today.

We have a relatively full Thursday. I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m., Helen is coming from Princeton and lunch is scheduled for 12:30 at Francine's, and we are going with the Wheelers to Bevier tomorrow evening to eat at the Pear Tree. In between all of this, I am helping Jim re-do the system of tie-downs for the porta-pits (hopefully the cover won't blow to the Gulf tonight) as the ones that he bought and put together a couple of years ago seem to have disappeared. I really don't mind buying items to help the track program, but I get quite frustrated when the are not there the next year. I suppose someone thinks that the school bought them and therefore they are "public" property. I would hate to think how many tarps we have bought over the years. Jim always refuses to bring them home after the track season as I guess he wants to hope they will be there the next year - oh, well - enough complaining for one night.

I have made good progress in the past few days on the current rug hooking project - probably started it over a month ago. It will be ready for the rug binding by the middle of next week so maybe I can make a quick trip to Liberty to get what I need.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home