Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sun. Feb. 19

From a now dark, but not quite as cold MO,

The girls slept until about 6:00 this a.m., returned to their crate and I didn't hear them until almost 8:00 - good for them!

We were still without hot water in the kitchen this a.m. so I "suggested" to Jim that maybe a trip to Country Kitchen was in order. We had a good breakfast there (and no dirty plates to rinse off in the bathroom sink) and then made a stop at HyVee as I had accumulated a good list. We have spent the rest of the day at home - me finishing the MC Beaton book and Jim dozed this afternoon.

I do the computer work for Mobile Meals in the morning. I just had an e-mail from Nancy Shy that the xerox is not operating so if "half-sheets" are needed, I will need to go to DataCom or HyVee to xerox the needed items - then return them to the RSVP office.

Jim is planning on going to Dr. Metry's office in the a.m. if he continues to be as much in pain as again today. We'll see what develops there.

Oh, by the way, we had left the cold water dripping in the kitchen sink this a.m., but about 11:00, we heard a gush of water and HOT water was finally working. I quickly got the dishwasher going. We have known for years that when it is very cold and the wind is from the east that we have to leave water dripping and a light on the pipes downstairs - just forgot this time. I think one of the culprits is the fact that the vent from the dryer goes up the wall parallel to the water pipes and of course it is quite cold from outside freezing temperatures. Oh, well - maybe we won't forget next time. At least I did a survey of items that I took out from underneath the sink area and did some weeding - so I can almost see everything that is stored there now.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home