Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thurs. Feb. 16

From a cold, somewhat icy MO,

This has been a rather interesting day. The girls needed to go out quite early this a.m. - about 4:30 and I noticed that some moisture seemed to be coming down. After I put them back in their crate, the next I heard from them was at 6:30 - and Jim was already moving around in his bathroom. This time, when I took the girls to the sliding glass door and they stepped out on the deck - they began sliding like crazy! I always go out through the kitchen door and through the garage and was quite careful when I went on the concrete, but it was okay.

Jim got the garbage out and decided that our driveway was okay so I prepared to go to Country Kitchen for breakfast. By this time several area schools had cancelled - except for Chillicothe. Actually the drive to CC was okay, but I must admit that I was quite cautious. We eventually had five ladies present - Judy Mathew, Mary Willis, Judy Duncan, Margaret Vance, and yours truly. Pat had called earlier that she wasn't going to venture out on the ice as twice in recent years she has broken her arm in the wrist area - one year one arm/wrist and about two years later the other arm/wrist.

Jim drove the truck to Barnes Baker to get tires rotated and walked home. When I returned home briefly, I took him to Barnes Baker to get the truck and I went on to have my hair cut. Amy will be having an induced labor in a couple of weeks. She looked somewhat pregnant last month, but there was no question today! This outing was the first time I got into ice, but not on the roads. I stepped out of the car to go into the shop and almost landed on my rump - the parking area was a sheet of ice. Needless to say, I was then more careful.

I was back home again until going on 1:00. By this time the local school was to be getting out and I really wanted to get to the library before the high school let out. I decided to use back streets to go to the library and had no problem.

The temperature has dropped most of the day and I think it is to be in the single digit range tonight. Last night was cool enough that I grabbed a pair of flannel pajama bottoms that I keep handy when I headed out at 4:30 with the girls. I don't need to get so cold that I can't go back to sleep when I return to bed.

Jim joins one of the old men groups in the a.m. for breakfast. I've not had oatmeal all week so I think I will be a good girl and stay home and eat healthy! I know the girls won't mind having me around so it really isn't a suffering thing to do.

I am in the northeast bedroom (now our computer and also junk area) and have just noticed that the north wind has really started to make its presence known - yuck!

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home