Monday, February 06, 2006

Mon., Feb. 6

This has been a full day. The girls did a good night of sleeping last night - didn't hear them until almost 6:00 this a.m. Of course they joined us in bed after they had a trip outside - and settled down immediately. Jim began moving shortly afterwards and finally rousted me a little after 7:00. I had thought it would be good to eat breakfast at the Chilli Diner this a.m. - so after showering, we headed to the Diner. Prices had been raised and the the eggs were almost inedible - had I not been so hungry they would have been inedible. The hashbrowns tasted like straw - yuck - so it was not a pleasant experience - I'll opt not to go there again for a length of time!

Jim and I had a few errands to do after breakfast and when we finally got back home, he headed to the basement to tackle the bicycle and I tackled the supposedly "guest" bedroom which had become piled with all kinds of items. I had purchased some metal/plastic covered organizers and shifted a laundry basket full of wool to this area as well as some items that I use with the wool projects. I also found some things I could live without - and have started a container of "fall" items for Threads. I have a feeling that if I took them now, they would be moved in the upcoming transition period to spring - and gone.

I left here about 11:15 to head to Grand River Inn to join the ladies for lunch and then an outing - Pat, Sandy, Mary, Jan, and Judy were also there. We had salads for lunch and then took off south to the Windy Hill antique shop owned by Clark and Sandy Gwin. This really is a nice shop with a variety of items. Clark stays busy with refinishing or repairing old furniture and Sandy seems to have business with the shop. Clark still goes in to the vet office at times - am not sure if it is a scheduled certain day of the week - or just what.

We took off driving and eventually drove by the enormous Bachman home. We ended up stopping at the Dairy Queen in Chillicothe for ice cream. The day was cold, but there was very little wind and the sun was out - so it was an enjoyable day to be having an outing.

Some of you will remember Chip Vanlandingham. Chip was one of my seventh grade students when I first came to Chillicothe. He and his wife had two sons and the younger one died over the weekend. I haven't seen the CT tonight to know where Grant (the older son) is currently living.

Terri Willard's mom also died - maybe on Friday - and I think the funeral is tomorrow. She has had a long bout with illness.

I have also been puttering with income tax paperwork. I have not been able to locate the tax data from a bank in Chillicothe so must go by there tomorrow and see if I have lost it or if they had a glitch. I went back and checked various envelopes in case I put it in a wrong place - but couldn't find it. It was a good feeling to get paperwork filed away - another step closer.

I am cleaning out the refrigerator for supper tonight - am not sure how good the results will be, but I'm sure we won't starve.

Jim sees Dr. Metry in the morning and beyond that we don't have anything scheduled - that usually spells trouble.

Was just playing with some of the icons at the top of this and discovered one that says "link" and another one that says "photos" - guess I might try one of these tomorrow.

Stay safe.

B.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We share your gastric pain. I almost need a scorecard listing dates and my anger quotient relative to the various culinary offenses inflicted by local eating joints. That way my active boycott list would be a more rational and a more merit-based document than it currently is. Regardless of how you cut it though, we in a small town must eventually eat a little crow (groan!) and forgive--or eat at home, which isn't always that palatable either.

-JW

2/06/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember Taco Nita? Velveeta cheese on everything...

Barbara, you really have to start putting photos on here...if only to dispel the mental images I get of you and Jim in CHS football gear and wearing Hornet helmets while tackling the bicycle and the guest room.

2/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home