Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fri., Sat. & Sun. Feb. 3 & 4 & 5

We have had two relatively peaceful days. Jim slept a lot on Friday - guess he was really tired from the two times helping with the bunkbeds - as well as his time spent on the bicycle. There were home basketball games on Friday and Saturday evenings, but we stayed home instead - that says something about Jim.

On Saturday, I went to Brookfield with Helen and Mary. Some of you will remember Abby and Ashley Johnson - now married -- Abby to a Sattman from the New Boston area and I am not sure of Ashley's married name - and they have started a gift/craft shop in Brookfield. Helen had been there once before and it was a first time visit for Mary and me. Afterwards we went on to Marceline to eat. Cheryl Mossbarger Cavannah happened to come in to the cafe where we were eating so we decided to go to the Magnolia antique store afterwards.

I have been trying to get some items finished - or at least those that can be done quickly - and I'm making some headway. At least I was caught up enough that I felt I could pull out the rug hooking project yesterday afternoon and spend some time with it. While I had the pressure cooker on last evening (fixing a roast for supper) I spent time knitting. I am just not brave enough to leave the pressure cooker unattended.

Jim is now on the bicycle downstairs and the girls are barking outside. They think it is quite special that now they can make a 360 degree circle - go out the trapdoor upstairs, come in through the basement, come up the stairs - and they are then ready to go outside again. Actually it is cold enough today that we have the trapdoor removed upstairs, but they still can go through the basement area.

The girls are going to have a lot of excitement in the upcoming weeks. The lot between Stilwells (live immediately across the street from us) and the LeClares (live southwest of us) has been sold to Clithro and Grace Anderson. Yesterday many of the trees bordering the south end of the lot were cut down (not a big loss as they weren't very stable and some have fallen over in recent years) and today or tomorrow, the clean-up of these trees will occur. There are metal markers on the lot showing the outline of the home that will be built - or maybe they are outlining the basement - guess we will know in a few weeks. Anyway, the girls will be in seventh heaven as they supervise all the activity. Clithro and Grace should be excellent neighbors.

My big project for today is to go through all the accumulated washed and dried wool that I cut earlier this week and clean it up. The edges need to be trimmed from some of the stragglers that have developed due to washing and drying and I have a roller object to go over the wool to remove lint.

We plan on watching the Super Bowl this evening.

I went in this a.m. and tried changing settings so that if anyone wants to leave a comment (or reply) the blog should take them without your having to create a blog first. We'll see if it works. If you still can't - let me know and I will try again.

We don't have big plans for the upcoming week. I am joining ladies on Monday to go to Dr. Gwin's to check out his antique store and then we are going on a drive to see the new Bachman home. Jim has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday - and I think the rest of the week is open.

Be safe.

B.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I can leave a comment without being signed in. You just need to choose Other.

2/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks, Barbara! Glad I can get my 2 cents' worth in now and then. I love your blog. I like your wallpaper and the whole thing...just needs photos...

:)

2/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks, Barbara! Glad I can get my 2 cents' worth in now and then. I love your blog. I like your wallpaper and the whole thing...just needs photos...

:)

2/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Liked it so much the first time, I did it again!

2/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home