Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thurs., Feb. 9

From a now dark, coolish MO,

This has been a busier day than I anticipated, but I think somehow I knew this would happen.

The girls were restless last night and I let them out about 4:30, then returned them to their crate and didn't hear them again until after Jim had let them out about 6:15. We cuddled until the alarm went off at 6:30.

I left from here about 7:15 to go to Country Kitchen for breakfast with the group. The group was quite small today with three of us having breakfast together - Jan, Sandy, and yours truly. Margaret showed up just about the time were were ready to separate. I did call Pat later and she has been under the weather, but feeling better today. Margaret did indicate that Margy Miller was to have surgery at Liberty about noon today.

Jim had decided to go out to see Phil this morning at school - only to learn that Phil was in our local hospital. Margaret indicated that he had been experiencing a lot of lower leg pain and he was in the hospital to see if he had a blood clot. We took him a card about 11:00 and he had already been dismissed to go home, so I'm assuming that is good news.

We priced new tvs in Chillicothe today and eventually went to St. Joseph to check out two or three places there. We did get a new tv and some guy from our local cable company is to be here tomorrow to put the new equipment in so we can get HDTV. There is also a guy going to be here in the a.m. to load up the old, enormous, heavy tv and take it some place away from here. I'm not sure if he will take it to the dump, but at least it will be away from here.

Jim is on the bicycle downstairs now and I plan on an early bed time tonight. After sleeping so much yesterday afternoon, I was quite late in getting to sleep last night - also wanted to finish a book by Jennifer Chiaverini that I had been wanting to read since November. I may start a Joan Medlicott book tonight, but right now I can only think about going to sleep.

Jim joins one of the breakfast groups in the a.m., we have the old tv picked up at 10:00, and the cable tv guy comes at 1:30 - so to some extent our day has been blocked out. I do have a couple of quick errands to do, but that won't be a problem.

In case I don't get on the computer Friday evening, you probably won't hear from me until Sunday as we are going to Overland Park on Saturday evening to see and hear the Kingston Trio.

John - I did ready the mayor's letter that you forwarded and have signed up for future e-mails. The twin granddaughters are delightful and I can see why grandpa and grandmother are proud.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home