Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wed., Feb. 8

From a now dark, cool, breezy MO,

This has been somewhat of a quiet day for us. The girls caught my attention about 6:00 this a.m. and by the time I had them back inside, Jim was in the bathroom taking care of his morning needs. He attempted to roust us at 7:15 (I had requested a wake up call), but I turned over and went back to sleep until about 8:00 - actually dozed on and off from about 7:30 as I had plenty of cuddling to do with the girls.

After showering, the girls and I headed out on a couple of quick errands - and a drive through at McDonalds.

Phil Willard called a little after 9:00 - asking for Jim. Jim was not back yet from his second breakfast and by the time Jim returned, Phil was in class. Jim ended up going out to the high school and will again volunteer with the pole vault. Mike Jones (has been the school sponsored coach the past few years) is currently in Iraq - and I don't know the latest as to when he will be back in Missouri. Jim was adamant that he would only volunteer as that cuts out a lot of hours and if the weather is particularly bad, he can just stay home as they wouldn't be having practice with the pole vault anyway.

I joined Sandy at the bowling alley for lunch today. The sandwiches were fine, but we substituted a house salad for the fries - and the lettuce hadn't been drained well enough as it was rather moist at the bottom. Todd "The Toad" showed up with some guy and sat at an adjoining table. Todd had photos of the Mindy's twins which he showed us after we had prodded him. I guess there is a web site called chillicothecity.org where he has a mayor's column and he periodically updates the photos of the twins.

I went down for a nap about 1:00 and thought I would be up and moving about 3:00. Actually I was up for many five minutes, realized Jim had carried clean laundry up from the basement and was beginning to fold it - the next thing I knew it was 90 minutes later. I don't know why I am so tired, but maybe need to check the old blood pressure - haven't done so for a few months. I have a doctor's appointment sometime in the next couple of weeks - I only look at one week at a time anymore.

I join the ladies for breakfast in the a.m. and beyond that I am not sure what the day will bring. We have been using a large screen tv of Doug's in the living room since the spring of 1998 and it is going bad. At first we could bang on it and it would straighten up, but now it is less and less cooperative. We need to go by Time Warner and get the specific data as to how things are being switched in the next few years so we won't have one that is out of date in short order.

Be safe.

B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayor Toadmeister really writes an informative and interesting monthly column. The pictures of those precious little girls, though, make the best argument for getting on the mayor's e-mail list.

-JW

2/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home