Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tuesday, February 7

It is nice to have the daylight hours getting longer. I might make it to spring.

I didn't hear the girls until 7:00 this a.m. and I don't think Jim even heard them at that time. Of course after their trip outside they joined us on the bed - then Jim knew they were alive. He planned on getting up in a few minutes and the next thing I knew - it was 8:45 and he was just waking up again.

Jim's doctor appointment was to be at 11:00 this a.m., but we had a call a little before 10:00 wondering if he wanted to come on in - which of course was agreeable. Afterwards, we did a few errands. We ended up having sandwiches at the little restaurant at the bowling alley (will have soup for supper as a result).

Jim has been on the bicycle (off and on) much of the rest of the day. I think he is spending too much time, but he is happy with the endurance he is building up - even at the expense of being exhausted. I spent about 9 minutes on it last night and evidently over did the arm work as my arms/shoulders are tender today. I'll get on this evening, but do a little less arm work.

There were five of us at dessert this afternoon - Helen, Mary W., Peggy, Sue Jones, and yours truly. Of course we had a lot to visit about and the time went much too swiftly.

Jim has breakfast with the "old fogies" as well as the second group in the morning. I don't have much planned for Wednesday, but should set aside some time to do some vacuuming and dusting.

Be safe.

B.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arm work? Barbara, you're supposed to put your FEET on the pedals.

2/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An occasional good-natured "barb" added to the mix really spices your blog, Barbara. Good one, Margaret! By the way, Barbara, I know that the "old fogies" expression, which you use with such relish, renders a major writer's rush; but some in your audience find the characterization deeply offensive--and maybe a little redundant. Save "old fogies" and "geezers" for yucks at breakfast with the "girls."

-JW

P.S. I hope that you know that I'm kidding.

2/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home