Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sat. Feb. 18

From a bittery cold MO,

Jim and I are really slipping. We know that when it gets this cold that we must turn on a regular light bulb next to the upstairs water line (the one that goes to the kitchen), but we both forgot. I went to get water for the girls this a.m. - and of course nothing came out.

The girls slept until 6:00 this a.m. and because Jim had such a restless night, I returned them to their crate after their trip outside. I didn't hear anything again until almost 8:00 - and Jim was beginning to stir - along with a lot of moaning. I am not sure if he has developed heel spurs, but he is finding walking quite difficult and both feet are hurting him. He has used a four letter word with almost everyother word today - I considered checking into a motel!

I fixed French toast for breakfast. About 10:00, we loaded the girls into their crate in the back seat of the truck and set out on several errands - 60th anniversary card for Richard Knouse and his wife (my mind is slipping as to her name) - post office, bank, Model Cleaners, HyVee to xerox (my favorite place is closed on Saturdays and I wanted to get the two pages done), and surely something else. Jim slept much of the afternoon - and afterwards ran the virus protection item on our computer.

I have worked some on my rug hooking project and am now ready to curl up with the newest Hamish Macbeth book by MC Beaton - that will create a marvelous evening for me.

We have no specific plans for Sunday - just want to stay warm.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home