Friday, February 17, 2006

Fri. Feb. 17

From a dark, late for me, cold! MO,

This has been a full day. The girls slept until after 6:00 this a.m. and after their brief (and cold) interlude outside, they joined us in bed - the next thing I knew it was going on 8:00 and Jim had just started moving. Pat called a little later wondering about a quick trip to St. Joseph and of course I didn't have to be persuaded.

Jim joined a group of old geezers for breakfast and had the opportunity to go with Dupy and Redford to KC to see the DaVinci movie, but knew that I would also want to see it - and he had committed to babysit today. Anyway, one of these days in the near future we will see the movie - hopefully it will be coming here, but of course we can go to KC as well.

Pat and I left here a little after 10:00 and made stops at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Border's (ate at the coffee shop there and thoroughly enjoyed our sandwich selection), JoAnn Fabrics, and then stopped at the Goodwill store where we found several items of 100% wool. The prices were higher than the local Salvation Army and Threads so I am going to weigh the finished fabric and see how close I came to the price that the lady at Liberty charges. I did find some good colors today. We stopped at Cameron on the way home to have some warm beverage and came on home.

I have since then used the microwave to fix a Marie Callender lasagna meal (really a good size at there are 2 or 3 portions) and a lettuce salad to go with it. I've also processed almost all of the wool - have the last batch in the washer now.

At this point we have no specific plans for Saturday other than enjoying the girls and watching the Olympics on tv - sounds like a good, calm day.

The weather was bitter today - doubt if the high was in the mid-20s, but the wind made it feel much colder! There seemed to be more ice on the side streets in St. Joseph than what I have noticed locally.

I must comment on a funny thing that I saw this a.m. while Jim was at breakfast. The girls like to do wrestling moves on each other - almost always ending with a take-down. Abby is the lighter of the two and usually doesn't get as rattled as Trixie. Anyway, this a.m., I looked down and Abby had Trixie on her back with Abby holding on to Trixie's tail - and pulling her across the carpet. Trixie didn't seem to be minding although she was trying to disengage Abby. There was no growling or howling in pain so guess it was just a fun maneuver for them.

I think we may still have five boys "live" in the state wrestling meet. Bobby Crabtree is still in the championship bracket, but was injured in his match this a.m. so may not wrestle his next couple of matches - would still end up sixth. The other boys are in what is called the "wrestle back" bracket and still have the opportunity to medal. The paper did not carry the results for the heavy-weight tonight and I have not gone to the MSHSAA web site to check brackets - will probably do that in the a.m.

Be safe.

B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am with you on the readings this week. Still enjoying hearing from you. k

2/18/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home