Friday, February 24, 2006

Fri. Feb. 24

From a balmy, sunny MO,

I am not sure what the low was this a.m., but the last time I looked at the weather channel - the current temp. was 65 degrees!!! Almost swimming suit weather! - except I look like a walrus!

Jim decided to sleep downstairs last night so his moaning and groaning wouldn't prevent a good night of sleep for the rest of us. The girls and I ended up going to bed a little after 9:00 so they were ready to go outside at 4:00 this a.m. I let them join me on the bed and I didn't hear from them again until after 7:00 - and that was Jim walking down the hall to peek into the bedroom. They were delighted to see him - in fact, Trixie kept checking his side of the bed when she came to bed with me 4:00.

Jim decided to join a group of old geezers for breakfast this a.m. I'm not sure he was feeling that much better, but felt he needed an outing - and I agreed. I left here about 9:00 to head to the hospital to have a bone density test done. I should know the results by next Friday. Afterwards I went to Citizens Bank & Trust as I had heard Betty Preston advertising about some one day trips later this spring and early summer. One trip was in April and would include going to Powell Gardens to see an orchid exhibit and then on to KC to eat at Wesbster House - a combined tea room and antique shop - am thinking Sandy McGinnis said in an old school house. The second trip is the last part of June and involves going to the New Dinner Theater in Overland Park to see a matinee of "Fiddler on the Roof." I'll check the track schedule for the first trip, but definitely would like to do the second.

I ended up having lunch with Pat and Sandy at the bowling alley today. Sandy and I had BBQ pork sandwiches - absolutely tender and moist while Pat had a club sandwich which she enjoyed. Sandy was getting ready to go to Columbia to spend the night with Cassie (Lee is in Colorado for a basketball game) and then will return on Saturday.

Jim had a call from Dr. Metry's nurse this afternoon. A spur shows up on one heel - the one that is less painful than the other -- so am not sure what is going on unless he has been favoring the heel spur. If the pain isn't better in a week he is to go back to see Dr. Metry.

Jim has headed over to the track now to check out where equipment is stored. I'm not sure what he expects to do, but the weather is marvelous and I think he just needed to get outside.

The boys play Excelsior Springs for the district championship tonight. EX SP is coached by David Garrison - a local graduate and husband of Katie Jackson.

We don't have specific plans for Saturday - maybe I will finally get around to tackling some cleaning upstairs and in the family room downstairs. The basement mainly needs vacumming and some decluttering, but the upstairs needs more.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home