Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tues. Feb. 21

From a now dark and late (for me) MO,

We have had a LONG day. We went to be about an hour earlier than usual last night and I needed to make a trip to the bathroom about 3:30 and the girls heard me. I let them go outside and then returned them to their crate. Then Jim and I couldn't go back to sleep - even though we really tried. Finally about an hour later, we let the girls join us for an early morning romp (this they love) on the bed. Eventually Jim and I decided that we would head to KC today rather than waiting until Wednesday.

We left here about 8:30 as we were not sure when the pet place would open in KC. First we went by our local high school so Jim could take some paper work to Phil Willard. For someone who is supposed to be keeping his questionable leg elevated- I saw no sign of it!!!!

When we got to the pet store (just south of Johnson Drive - east of Metcalf) we realized the store opened at 7:30 because they groom pets there. Anyway, we got a large bag of dog food and then headed south on Metcalf to Borders where Jim found several books to his liking and one of the workers put him on to another author. We had planned on eating at the Red Lobster near there, but had not had a return call from Bill Aronson so we decided to go to Sam's - just off of 95th and I-35. We picked up some trays for Velma and marveled at their selection of food items - seems like so many more than the Sam's north of the river has. Anyway, we then headed north to the Metro North area and ate at the Red Lobster there. Then we made a quick trip into Liberty so I could get some "blank" Monk's cloth so that I can try "creating" some hooked rug patterns of my own choosing.

We were back in Chillicothe by a few minutes after 3:00. I had called Vickie Garrett to see if she would help Jim pick out which keys that Phil had loaned him this a.m. would need to be duplicated for his needs in track. Then Jim headed to Westlake's to have keys made and I headed to Washington Street to join the ladies for dessert - Peggy, Helen, Mary Willis, and Marna Cole.

I have been puttering on some chemo caps at home, but hadn't finished any for several days. I managed to finish two going to KC and two coming back plus began efforts on two more - one that I finished this evening while watching the Olympics.

Jim joins the old men for two different breakfasts in the a.m. I plan on staying around the house until he gets back and then I will be off on a few errands. He should be hearing from Kelly at Dr. Metry's office sometime tomorrow with x-ray results and I think one of us needs to be here to get the results.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home