Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thurs. Feb. 23

From a now dark, almost balmy MO,

This has been an active day. The girls had a restless night - am not sure it was due to Jim being uncomfortable when he was up and about during the night or the fact that they didn't do a good job outside on their last evening trip. Anyway, I took them out at 3:00 a.m. and they were fussing again by 6:15. Of course the latter was only about 15 minutes before the alarm was due to go off so it was okay.

Jim had a miserable night. He took some Advil at 3:00 this a.m. and I brought him a banana so that he would have some food on his stomach. He was having a bagel when he was dosing himself again a little after 7:00. When I got back from breakfast, he had temporarily gotten dressed so as to bring in the two plastic garbage cans from the driveway - I had set them at the side of the driveway this a.m, but the garbage guys had left them in the middle of the driveway and Jim didn't think there was room to drive on either side of them. He was soon back in bed.

We didn't have very many at breakfast this a.m. Pat was at the middle school as this is when they have the visiting author and there was a breakfast scheduled this a.m. My mind is tired, but I think those present included Mary Willis, Judy Mathew, Sandy, Margaret, and I am missing someone other than myself, but can't remember. Oh, well - just forgive me. Topics ranged from books, who is ill, upcoming personal activities, etc. Work on the walls has started on the home that Margaret and Larry Vance are building, Sandy has recovered from having three preschool grandchildren in her home this past weekend (of course enjoyed every moment), Judy is busy with her grandchildren and church activities, and I just keep plugging along.

I stopped at Velma's place to leave trays on my way home to check on Jim. He was still in bed and in quite a bit of pain. I took off to do a few errands - needed some more yarn for chemo hats, needed to go by the post office, and eventually made a trip to HyVee. When I returned from HyVee, Mary had called to remind me of the gathering of tennis buddies (Helen, Margaret Worthington, and Mary Warren) at Grand River Inn and for me to join them - which Jim insisted that I do.

This place needs a major cleaning and maybe I will make a better effort on it on Friday - we'll just see what comes up to give me better options.

I met Helen, Mary W., and Vickie at the bowling alley at 3:00. We had tea or soft drinks and ordered a couple of appetizers - enjoyed a lot of good conversation. I'll tell now on one of the ladies (from one of the three groups I feasted with today) - one needs to have her eyes checked as she discovered she had gone into the MEN'S restroom rather than the WOMEN'S -- at least she has the sense of humor to tell on herself - so I won't get specific - but I might be bribed! -- either to tell or to keep it a secret!

I plan on going to bed early this evening. I have cheated and looked at the Olympic results so will probably just turn the tv off when Jim goes to bed. He has decided to sleep downstairs until he doesn't moan and groan so much. Of course I had about 30 plus piles of chemo hats, needed yarn, etc. on the bed and surrounding area, but these have been moved and the bed is ready for Jim.

I have a bone density test in the a.m. - can't remember off the top of my head whether it is 9:00 or 9:30. If we haven't heard from the doctor's office by 1:30, I plan on calling to see if the results of the heel x-rays have arrived.

The girls lost their second round basketball game in district play last night so the season is over for them. The boys will be playing in about 30 minutes in their second round game.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home