Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thurs. March 2

This is going to be written in two installments today: here goes --

The girls slept quite well last night (lots of time spent outdoors yesterday and they were very involved in romping last evening) and I didn't hear them until 5:30 - what a relief!

We ended up having seven at breakfast this a.m. - Judy Mathew, Judy Duncan, Johnna Sue Zachary (back from Indiana and seeing grandchildren), Jan Logan, Sandy, Mary Willis, and yours truly. We had so much visiting going that you would have thought we hadn't seen each other in at least a month.

I joined Jim at the pole vault area afterwards and helped him on a few projects - am not sure the spray paint job turned out very well as the wind was really whipping its way through (not as bad as last night at least). I'm guessing I helped him for about an hour as he had already been there probably close to an hour before me.

Afterwards we went to the bowling alley for lunch. Each of us had a sandwich, but then we split his dinner salad and my sweet potato fries - turned out to be a good idea and quite tasty.

When we returned home, Jim went down for a nap and I headed over to Francine's to join Helen and others (Judy Mathew, Mary Willis, and Johnna Sue). They had lunch and I just had ice tea. Again, you would have thought we hadn't seen each other in many weeks. Clara -- we miss you!

I have made a trip to the post office and also have dropped my hours off at the RSVP office. The new rug hooking magazine has arrived and I am about ready to settle down in the recliner and enjoy it.

Jim will head over to the track in a little more than 30 minutes and I will join him about 4:30 - to remind him that we need to be leaving by 5:00 so as to get ready to join John and Sandy Wheeler for an outing to Bevier.

LATER:

I joined Jim at the track and this seemed to remind him that he needed to be closing up shop about 5:00. Actually the wind was cold enough and the temp cool enough that the kids were ready to quit as the younger ones had not dressed in layers - bet they will tomorrow!

We picked John and Sandy up about 6:00 and headed to Bevier. The front area was packed when we arrived, but Sandy had called for a reservation so we were seated very quickly. The food was excellent and I wouldn't have any problem in returning.

Jim has breakfast with one of the old geezer groups on Friday a.m. and then will "sit" with the girls until time to go to track. I had a call today from the middle school wondering if I could pinch hit for the secretary that is in the old junior high area and Friday is the first day on the week that I didn't have something down on my calendar - so I guess I can do a "Scarlet O'Hara" on housework again.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home