Friday, March 03, 2006

Fri. March 3

From a now dark and somewhat cool MO,

This has been a FULL day. The girls caught my attention about 4:30 this a.m. that they were needing to go outside. Then they joined me in bed and I didn't hear anything until after 6:00 when the girls heard Jim moving around downstairs. They rushed to join him - and I snoozed until the alarm went off at 6:30.

I was somewhat filling in for one of the secretaries today at the middle school. Thank goodness Doug Long was around almost all the time as I had a lot of questions about items that parents or students were asking - and he seemed to know where to go for the answers. All in all it was a good day, but it was full of confusion as the science fair was being held today - oh, well - just makes me extra glad to be retired.

Jim joined one of the breakfast groups this a.m. and later shared the remaining prime rib (from last night) with the girls for lunch - no common food for them when they can put the guilt trip on their dad.

I arrived home about 4:00 and of course Jim had gone over to the track about 3:00. The girls seemed glad to see me and after I had supper in the oven, I headed to the pole vault area as well. Jim is going to try to have practice over by 5:00 each evening and I think my arrival helps remind him. Alex Chaney was a good helper for him again tonight.

After supper, I made a quick trip to HyVee with a grocery list that had been getting longer and longer over the past few days. I guess I don't usually shop on Friday evening, but it was rather sad to see how harried so many people seemed to be.

We don't have much on our agenda for Saturday. Jim has indicated he is going to take me out for breakfast. At some point during the day I would like to go to Trenton to check out Brown's shoe store. I am in need of a pair of basic "pumps" that I could wear with good slacks as well as the very few times I have a skirt or a dress on. My old Birks just don't always seem appropriate.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home