Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tues. March 7

From a now dark, but still early MO,

We went to bed VERY early last night and therefore I was up twice with the girls - first at 11:00 and then again at 6:30. For some reason they didn't hear Jim this a.m. and when I semi-rousted myself at 6:30 and put them outside and they headed to the outside entrace to the basement. I headed downstairs as the stairway was barricaded and found that Jim had removed the barrier to their trap door and they were already standing on top of Jim - absolutely delighted to find the old guy.

I am not sure where the day went, but it seems as if we have been on the move. Jim and I headed to Country Kitchen for breakfast and then stopped at the post office on the way home. I did somewhat tackle the bathroom that I use today - towels and rugs are now clean and a lot of dust and grime have been removed - of course I had good help from the girls.

A little later, we put the girls in the carrier in the truck and made a trip to HyVee for a couple of items. One of the ladies on Friday had mentioned fixing salmon patties and I realized it had been ages since I had done such a thing - so that ended up being supper tonight.

Jim dozed and read this afternoon.

We finally had some rain today - am not sure how much, but I am sure we need more. At least some of the fire potential should have been reduced.

Jim headed over to the track about 2:30 to ask a few questions and opted not to have pole vault practice. He will have practice on Wednesday unless it is raining - or storming. There will be some track meets when the weather is not cooperative and the kids need to have some experience as to how to handle the situation. Of course in Missouri this time of the year it could be warm, cold, sunny, rainy, snowy, etc.

I joined some of the ladies for dessert at 4:00 - Sandy, Helen, Peggy, Mary, and yours truly. We had a good visit. Four of us ordered strawberry shortcake - two had ice cream on theres and two had whipped topping. Sandy ordered the Mexican dessert.

Jim has breakfast with the two "old fogey" groups in the a.m. and I might head to HyVee for breakfast with Pat. Beyond that I have a few errands that need to be done, but none will take very long. I did putter some more on the hooking this afternoon and if all goes well, should be able to finish the hooking on this project tomorrow. Then I need to get some binding for it and do some cleaning up of extraneous threads.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home