Monday, March 06, 2006

Mon. March 6

From an almost balmy MO,

This has been a full day - or at least so far and I am ready to call it a day!

The girls slept well last night and after I put them outside this a.m., again I let them join me in bed. They immediately settled in and I didn't hear anything from them for about an hour and then bedlam was set loose. I guess they heard Jim moving around in the basement family room and they wanted out of our upstairs bedroom (door was closed) and set about barking in a frenzy. I got them quieted down and then again about 15 minutes later they again heard Jim. This time I set them off on their way and let Jim entertain them. Abby did rejoin me in bed and we slept until 6:30.

Mobile Meals went well this a.m. I had put a new ink cartridge in the printer on Feb. 13 and for some unknown reason Darla had to replace it on Feb. 27. I find that really strange as it usually lasts several months. I need to get out tomorrow and replace the one that Darla put in as I certainly don't want to have to make a trip somewhere in a hurry some Monday a.m. - or have Charles Adams be faced with the problem on a Friday. I have the receipt for the Feb. 13 purchase, but have no idea where the previous receipt is - hmmm.

Jim and I headed to the Social Security office a little before 11:00. Thank goodness we had an appointment as there must have been 10 to 12 people in the lobby - all with numbers and waiting to see someone. Jan Pyrtle was great in explaining what is going on and Jim's paperwork has been filed.

Jim dozed this afternoon and I went to the bowling alley for a sandwich. When I returned home, it had dawned on me that this was an "early out" for our local school district and that some of the tracksters might be there earlier than usual. Jim needed to remark the runways as we had moisture over the weekend and thank goodness a ninth grader was there and he helped Jim by doing all the bending over and marking - Jim just gave directions. With getting over there early - Jim is one tired old man this evening.

We had our second night of the pinto beans/roast/picante sauce combo this evening - and Jim is ready to have it again - with just something different on Tuesday evening. The meat is really tender now - thanks to the pressure cooker. I wonder if I had cubed the roast if it would have been more tender in the crockpot??

Jim has a few errands to do tomorrow and I have some that I started today, but didn't get as far as I wanted. I'll be joining the ladies for dessert tomorrow afternoon.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home