Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sat. March 11

From an almost balmy MO,

This has been a quiet day. We went to bed early last night with Jim deciding to try to bed upstairs. I had to get up briefly about 1:00 and about 30 minutes later heard the girls fussing. I took them outside and then returned them to their crate. Evidently Jim had a miserable night as he says he was up about every two hours and finally called it quits about 4:30. He eventually took the girls outside and later let them join me -- so he had a bad night of sleep and since I didn't hear him - I had a good night of sleep.

I fixed French toast this a.m. - about 8:00 and then we puttered around here with laundry and newspapers until Doug Carson arrived to aerate our yard - plus Chucks - and the Bacon's. By this time several guys were working over at the new building so the girls had plenty to occupy their time and energies. Jim wanted to move some so we did bag three large bags of yard debris - will put them out on Thursday - our garbage day.

I set out about 10:00 to do some errands and by 11:00 Jim was asleep - or at least in bed - quite tired and very sore. He eventually got up after 1:30 - had forgotten the Texas game came on at 1:00, but was basically miserable the rest of the afternoon and early evening. If he isn't better tomorrow, he plans on going by the doctor's office first thing on Monday morning and getting an appointment. He has decided to sleep downstairs tonight.

I avoided housework quite easily today - as usual. I finished two chemo caps and started two or three more. I also finished the last decorative corner in the hooked "rug". I have also pressed it and it is now drying so that I can put the binding on it tomorrow and finish it off. I also worked on the baby afghan - and also fixed an easy supper.

I don't plan on doing much on Sunday. I would like to finish off the hooked "rug" and maybe look at some ideas for another project. I have some "Monk's cloth" that is used as backing so I just need to make a decision. One of the recent rug hooking magazines had a relatively easy pattern - ready for tracing - of a vase with numerous flowers. This would allow me to use some of the wool that I have accumulated.

We may be in the line for some severe storms tomorrow night so we will be watching the weather forecast closely. Storms went south of us today, but these could be severe tomorrow evening.

A couple of nights ago I tried taking a photo from a CD and adding it to the blog, but didn't have any success. I'll try again in the next few days. I have a real good one of Abby - perched on my shoulder with her nose just inches from the hooked rug pattern as if she is supervising my every move - I am sure I need such supervision.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home