Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thurs. March 9

From another day of rain in MO,

This has been a good day for us. To begin with, I had taken the girls outside about 9:30 last night and didn't hear any commotion from them until 4:30 this a.m. Almost a full night of sleep for me. Anyway, I had slept well so I had difficulty going back to sleep and then a little after 5:00 they heard Jim moving around - then the bedlam began so I turned them loose for Jim to have the enjoyment of their company.

I did get moving about 6:30 and by 7:15 was heading out the door to go to Country Kitchen. We had a good, talkative group there this a.m. - the two Judys, Sandy, Ellen Whitmer, Pat, Jan, and yours truly -- all of us were in "rare" shape - and must have gotten a little rowdy at times as I noticed that others looked our way periodically.

I had errands to do afterwards - post office, RSVP office to get checkbook so I could get new ink cartridge (ended up making a xerox copy of the Feb. 14 purchase as well as todays so that we could see if another cartridge only lasts a short time). Patty dug out the 2005 check register and the last one purchased in 2005 had been on Sept. 26 - so I don't know if we got one that was close to its expiration date - or just a dud. Anyway the original and xerox copies of purchase will help us if we run into a problem again.

It was approaching 10:00 by the time I returned home and then set out again on a short list of errands as Jim had a couple of items he wanted - large, sturdy container to soak his aching feet in as well as Epson salts.

Jim tried to doze the middle part of the day, but the girls weren't fully cooperative - had to go on a barking frenzy when the mailman left some "junk" mail in our mail box (99% of our mail goes to the post office box, but occasionally we get a first class letter at home - if we had it forwarded - then it would be taken care of in KC and that usually means about a two week delay in getting the item!)

Jim finally gave up a little after 1:00. By this time we were continuing to get light rain so he knew he wouldn't be having pole vault practice as such. He did go over to the track and had the vaulters to some short running (they had already stretched with the regular coaches) and then a cool down jog. It is easy for some vaulters to think that the only thing they need to do is to go down the runway and go up. Some vaulting coaches rely mostly on good sprinters to be their vaulters.

I fixed scallops for supper as well as wild rice combination that I had purchased at Cabela's several months ago - also finished off some lettuce for a salad.

If you haven't looked at Dara and Doug's blog recently, Dara had a good one (written yesterday or today) about Dunkin Donuts.

Jim will join a group of old geezers for breakfast in the a.m. and I'll just see how I feel in the a.m. - probably should have oatmeal in the a.m. as I haven't had any for a few mornings, but we'll just see. I do have some puttering that I need to do - have one corner left on my hooked wall hanging and I worked some today on cleaning up the stray threads, but I think this will take another attempt. One of the wools that I used was really a mess to work with - have learned my lesson - and it frayed really bad. I'll do some fussing when I go back to Liberty again - although I have to admit I learned a good lesson with it.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home