Friday, March 10, 2006

Fri. March 10

From a now dark, cooler MO,

This has been a relatively good day. For some reason I awakened about 3:00 this a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. The girls evidently heard my tossing and turning about 3:30 as they began to get my attention and both did "double duty" jobs outside - then returned to sleep until they heard Jim about 7:00. In the meantime, I still couldn't get back to sleep and I guess I should have read, but was too tired to read - oh, well -- old age!

Jim joined a group for breakfast this a.m. and about 9:00, I headed to HyVee for breakfast and then picked up a few grocery items. Jim was back home by about 10:00 and we headed out about 11:00 to fill my car with gas - $2.24.9 per gallon - and eventually ended up at the bowling alley for lunch. The special today was the BBQ pork sandwich - so tender and so good - and Jim had a cheeseburger with a side salad (which we split) and then we split by sweet potato fries.

We tried to doze this afternoon, but at the same time also wanted to watch the Texas basketball game. Jim headed over to the track about 2:30 and I remained in bed until almost 3:30. After getting the pen set up for the girls, I headed over to the track. We were supposed to have a nice temperature today, but the wind was coolish so I was very glad that I had taken a sweatshirt with a hood. Jim had Alex working with the girls on getting better on turning over while he worked with the boys on steps, etc. Actually the kids looked so much better today than when I had last seen them on Wednesday.

We have the Big 12 basketball tournament on now, but it won't be long and the tv will be turned off as well as the lights - both of us are tired.

I'm planning on fixing French toast in the a.m. as we have some bread that needs to get used up. We were supposed to have someone come tomorrow to aerate the yard, but we are thinking the ground is way too soggy. Beyond that, we don't have anything in concrete other than wanting to see the Texas basketball game. I have plenty of rug hooking, knitting, and crocheting to do - all ways to avoid housework.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home