Monday, March 13, 2006

Mon. March 13

From a sunny at times, overcast at times, but cool, windy MO,

This has been a day when you keep thinking you need to add an extra layer. I am guessing the high has been in the 40s, but the cool breeze certainly brings it lower than this - am thinking the weather channel said the wind chill as 33!

We had another storm last evening, but our area avoided it - most seemed to be in the areas of Warrensburg and Sedalia. I can't remember now how many people were killed yesterday because of the storms, but there were several - including one couple killed south of St. Louis when their vehicle was blown from the road.

I did the computer work for Mobile Meals this a.m. with Ruth Benson being a great help at writing the check to the hospital for the meals as well as she did the printing off of the labels (I just collated the labels.) Because of her help, we were out of there by about 8:45.

We had our taxes done at 10:00 today. What we have to pay out and what we get back don't quite balance. With Jim going on Medicare this June, I'm not too sure what will happen with medical bills so I'm going to call our state retirement system on Tuesday to get the needed paperwork to have more money withheld. I certainly don't want to pay a penalty to various government agencies for not having enough withheld.

Jim dozed the middle part of the day. I took off on some errands and he had already gone to the track when I returned. I noticed a note that he has to go in for some first aid training in order to coach, probably not a bad idea, but I'm sure he is thinking he doesn't want to give up his nap time either.

He is still at track as I am writing this. The CT has arrived and nothing was mentioned about the Life Flight landing in the "north forty" so still don't have a definite idea as to what was going on.

I have several errands to do on Tuesday and have a meeting to attend relative to Mobile Meals in the afternoon. I have no idea the purpose of the meeting so guess I will just have to wait and see.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home