Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wed. March 15

From a now dark, somewhat coolish MO,

Supposedly the temp was in the mid 60s day, but by the time I headed over to the track (about 3:00) I was very glad to have a hooded sweatshirt on - and could have used a little more.

We had a good night and the girls heard their papa about 5:00 this a.m. I let them outside and they came in through the basement trap door - and stayed probably at least 30 minutes with Jim before checking me out - then returned to the basement.

Jim joined both breakfast groups this a.m. and I headed to HyVee and joined Pat for breakfast. Jim had a 9:30 appointment with Dr. Kozminski - PSA still fine, but because of all of his aches and pains, Dr. K decided not to wait the 18 months for the bone scan and to go on and have one. Jim has one scheduled for this coming Monday (March 20) and we will go back to see Dr. K on Wednesday, March 29.

After seeing Dr. K, we went by Dr. Metry's office and Jim is to see him on Friday a.m. I am concerned about his feet being so tender and swelling. He has loosened shoe laces to the point that the shoes are about as big as they can be.

Jim dozed this afternoon and I eventually joined him after I puttered on a couple of things. He rousted himself a little before 2:00 and set the alarm for me for 45 minutes later. I joined him at the track about 3:15 as he was wanting to put the kids through a "trial" pole vault meet - as well as today being the first time that the bar was across the standards instead of the bungee cord. There are several first time vaulters so we did the "four alive" system so they could understand what was going on and also to let them see the importance of also keeping track of things themselves. A few of the kids were disappointed, but several had good experiences. One thing that quickly developed was that as the sun disappeared the temp began going down and most had not brought extra clothes for the possibility of cooling weather. I guess it is better that they learn it today as compared to a meet away from here.

I went to Westlake's this a.m. to get a replacement rubber ring for the old pressure cooker, but they do not carry replacement parts for the brand that I have. The saleslady gave me a web site as well as an 800 number for a place in KC - so I will call them tomorrow.

I have a full agenda for Thursday - breakfast with the ladies, haircut, RSVP advisory meeting, and library board. I also have a couple of telephone calls to make and surely something else. Oh, well - I'll be ready for bed tomorrow evening.


Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home