Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sun. March 19

From a now dark, cool, breezy MO,

We have had a relatively quiet day - except mine started too early. I awakened about 1:30 this a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I kept tossing and turning and finally about 4:00 gave up and let the girls out of their sleeping crate. I turned on the computer and did some genealogy work that I had been thinking (when I was tossing and turning) that I wanted to get done. I also was creating a list of things to do in my head - finally got up and wrote down the list - and felt a little better.

Jim slept much better last night. I didn't see the light go on in the basement until almost 6:00 - and the girls were delighted that they could finally join their daddy. I fixed sweet potato pancakes for breakfast (not homemade!) and a little later headed to HyVee to do some minor grocery shopping. By the time I was back - Jim was quite tired and the four of us went down for a long nap. Some of the swelling seems to be gone today and he didn't have to have his shoes wide open.

I puttered on the Jobson reunion some this afternoon and also cut numerous strips of wool for my next hooked rug project. I was disappointed that the Texas basketball game was not on tv - all we could see would be the score. Oh, well - got a lot of work done as a result, but I was still disappointed.

I haven't seen a weather forecast since this a.m., but sleet and snow was in the news then for tonight and tomorrow - may check the tv a little later. I have several projects that I would like to get done tomorrow - mail Jobson reunion letters, must do some cleaning in the family room in the basement, etc. Of course I have a pile of good books to read as well as doing some hooking - we'll just see what gets done. I have almost deleted the refrigerator of leftovers so I need to come up with something for supper.

Jim has a bone scan tomorrow. He is to go in at 7:30 and they do an injection - then he goes back in about 3 hours for the actual scan. One of us also needs to stay close by the phone as we are to get results about the bloodwork relative to his liver. If the results are okay, then a prescription needs to be taken to HyVee to be filled.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home