Friday, March 17, 2006

Fri. March 17

From a now dark and somewhat cool MO,

This has been a ho-hum day, but probably just what I needed. The girls did a good job of sleeping last night and didn't hear Jim until about 5:00 this a.m. I let them out upstairs and since Jim had untrapped their entry downstairs, they spent some time with him and then joined me. I think Jim was a little hurt that they didn't spend as long with him this a.m. as they did yesterday.

Jim left here to join a group for breakfast and hadn't been gone long when the nurse from Dr. Metry's office called to see if he could come at 9:20 rather than 11:45 - I responded that would be fine if I could track him down. He did answer his cell phone so he made a trip through McDonald's and came home.

The swelling of the ankles and feet were very obvious today (not enormous, but still obvious). Dr. Metry told him to stop taking the Advil and the nurse took some blood so they could do a check of his liver. She is to call on Monday if the liver is okay and then he has a prescription to fill for some pain relief. In the meantime he is taking a one a day diuretic (spelling) and that maybe will begin to give him some relief.

We dozed during the middle part of the day - or we tried. I think we were so restless that neither one of us ever went to sleep. I'm taking a Tylenol PM tonight so as to hopefully get a good night of sleep.

In spite of the coolness, they had a good pole vault practice this evening so Jim came home quite happy for the kids.

If we have a good night, we are going to Liberty in the a.m. First we will go by the rug hooking place (that reminds me, I need to take a photo of what I have finished and bore you with it). The lady will help me figure out some colors that will complement the wool I would like to use as the backing. I have some colors, but I don't think I have just what is needed - so we will see.

From there we will go by Target as Jim likes a soy milk that he gets there. Then depending on how we feel, we'll go to Red Lobster for lunch. If we still have some energy (which I doubt) we are wanting to see "Mrs. Henderson."

We have more weather moving in this coming weekend, but it shouldn't be tornadoes this time - instead rain, sleet, and probably snow!

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home