Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sat. March 18

From a now dark, breezy, cool MO,

We have had an active day. The girls had a good night and had difficulty getting my attention in the middle of the night - courtesy of the Tylenol PM. I did get them outside and they didn't even stop as they made a mad dash to the grass. Good for them.

We left here about 8:30 to head to the Liberty area. We made our first stop at Target - Jim's favorite soy milk was not on the shelf and I didn't see any new books in the book area that caught my interest - so we walked out of there with a good candy bar.

Next we headed to the hooked rug shop. The lady is so gracious and showed me two or three things that I need to do to improve my second project, but overall she was pleased. What I need to do will only take me maybe 10 minutes - so that will be easily done.

Next she approved of my choice of background wool that I had taken with me (had bought it at Bosworth) and immediately had ideas of complementary colors - then she had fun going through her enormous stock to find just the "right" ones. The pitcher will end up being a couple of shades of yellow with the flowers being orange with a orange/brown plaid center for three flowers and the tulips will be using another orange/yellow/brown/blue plaid - should turn out well as the background is a light blue/gray with a darker blue "pinstripe" and a hint of an orange pinstripe (the latter quite small).

Our next stop was Red Lobster for lunch. Jim likes the Sam Adams fish and gets a baked potato and a Cesaer salad to go with it. I like a combo of scallops and shrimp as well as the baked potato and Cesaer salad - sorry - Cesear doesn't look right, but am too lazy to look it up - for some reason the spell checker doesn't work on this program either.

We next headed to Borders and I found the newest Jennifer Chiaverini book as well as the newest Rita Mae Brown book - so may start one of those tonight.

We planned on seeing a movie next, but I had mentioned that if Jim was tired, I would not be offended if we headed home - which he agreed would be a good idea.

I need to do some puttering with the Jobson reunion on Sunday - must do before I get myself involved with the next rug hooking project - or course this provides good motivation. I am sure we will be watching some NCAA basketball as well.

We have no big plans for Sunday other than enjoying the morning newspapers, resting, watching basketball games, and the projects that I mentioned above. We are supposed to be in line for a sleet and snow storm beginning Sunday afternoon and evening - will see what the forecast is on Sunday a.m.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Blogger dquack said...

Barbara -- the spell checker is also one of those popups that your popup blocker might block. I know mine did for a long time. Simply hold down your control key.

Be aware, the spell checker isn't that advanced. For example, it catches words like "blog." Still, it's better than nothing.

3/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home