Monday, March 20, 2006

Mon. March 20

It may be the first day of spring, but I can assure you -- it is not spring time here!!!

Jim had a restless night and I think I had a good night of sleep. Oh, well - guess we only need one to be cranky at a time.

Jim left about 7:15 to go to the clinic to get the needed injection for his bone scan. I showered and headed (with the girls) to McDonald's for a sandwich. I had just pulled up to the window to pay when I realized Jim was behind me. The laugh is that he wondered who the person was that was taking their dogs for a ride - then realized it was his three ladies! Actually I'm not sure he referred to me as a lady.

I have managed to get several things done today - finished needed xeroxing, envelopes stuffed, trip to post office to get items into the mail, stopped to do some more stuffing so that I would have about the same quantity of each item that I had sent, made a trip to the bank to take pink and red chemo caps for the ladies to choose for a local gal, and surely something else. I have also done some dusting and vacuuming in the family room (a lady is coming by this evening to go over a first aid unit with Jim as he needs a refresher course because of track), a load of laundry has been done, fixed toasted cheese sandwiches with sourdough bread for lunch (marvelous), have fixed burritos for supper as well as a boxed, instant pumpkin pie for supper. I am about ready to settle into the recliner and begin hooking!

We have had constant wind from the east and northeast today. I happened to look outside this afternoon and noticed some dead limbs on the ground (this is not unusual) and then happened to look at the fence that we have on the east perimeter of our yard - and it was really leaning. Jim went outside and used some long posts to hopefully prop it up for a few days and also discovered the gate at the southeast corner had come loose (it is a wonder the girls hadn't found it already). He has hopefully managed to get it so that it won't come loose again. I've put harnesses on the girls and we'll probably take them to the backyard until the wind subsides and we see just where the problems are. He went by our local insurance office as he was going over to track and I have since called the claims office. We will not be high on the list because of all the tornado damage, but the man was very clear that we should keep all receipts as to what we get in the meantime so as to keep the girls from getting out.

Of course, on top of all of this, we are in an area expecting to get over six inches of snow tonight - one channel said maybe up to 12 inches and I think the other said 10 inches -- as far as I am concerned, six inches is way beyond what I want! Of course it should be thawed and gone by the end of the week, but until then --

We don't have any specific plans for Tuesday other than trying get it so that at least one vehicle can get out. The way the wind is currently blowing there could be some drifting - except it is supposed to be a very wet snow. Of course the wet snow is very heavy to shovel.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home