Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wed. March 22

From a now dark, coolish MO,

This has been a constructive day - maybe a little more than I needed.

Jim joined both groups for breakfast this a.m. I don't get much news from him - usually pick some up in the next day or two from others and then when I ask him about it - he just says he forgot to tell me.

After showering this a.m., I tucked the girls into the backseat of the car and we took off to HyVee. Pat arrived about the same time that I did and we had a good visit. The girls seemed glad for me to return to the car.

I organized errands items when I got home and Jim finally got back going on 10:00. He wanted to get the fence done first so we set out and eventually got it done - maybe close to an hour to an hour and a half later. I am sure we will discover some muscles that haven't been used in a time as it seemed there was more bending than I anticipated. Of course we used soft wire to attach the 40 inch wire to the posts - the upper attachments were easy, but this old walrus body just doesn't bend like it used to.

Jim dozed the middle part of the day and the girls spent a lot of time outside in the yard - actually going in and out at will. I decided to go to the bowling alley for lunch. Rolfe and Julie McCoy were there with their daughter, Heidi, who had just successfully passed her driving test. Even at my age, I remember the excitement of that day!

The girls and I then made a trip to HyVee as I wanted to take advantage of their "old geezer" discount (5%) and bought some needed grocery items. I also had more than $25.00 so that means I can turn the receipt in to a local school building and they will get a percentage of the total.

Jim was moving when we returned. I put items away and then settled down with the newest book by Rita Mae Brown(e). I think this one is called SOUR PUSS. My eyes were soon heavy, but it was close to 3:00 by that time I was hesitant to take a long nap - so just stayed in the recliner and semi-dozed. Trixie spent much of the time on my lap while Abby soaked up the sun coming through the west window.

We have a full day on Thursday. I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m. and I am sure we will doze the middle part of the day. Jim will be at the stadium probably a little after 1:00 to see to the loading of the vaulting poles and then he is going to ride the bus to Kearney. I am not leaving until about 2:30. I don't anticipate us getting back until after 10:00 so I probably won't be doing a message for Thursday - may do a belated one on Friday a.m.

Stan and Helen flew to Washington, DC today as Emily is having foot surgery on Thursday. I think they plan on flying back here on Sunday or Monday.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I finally saw your rug project. How pretty. I am sure it is even more interesting in real form! Keep up the good work. I forgot to tell you how beautiful your afghan was to Dana. You are very talented. See you soon kay

3/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home