Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tues. March 28

From a now dark, cool MO,

This has been a good day for us. First they girls slept well last night. Jim was moving about 4:00 this a.m. and they heard him so the good old man that he is - even took them outside for their early morning duties. They were soon back to sleep when the returned to the house. Jim began moving seriously about 6:00 and rousted me at 7:00 with the promise of going to Country Kitchen for breakfast.

We had just ordered when Sandy McGinnis and Wally walked in so the four of us ended up having breakfast together. They were heading to Cameron to exchange a part that Sandy had picked up yesterday- but it was the wrong item.

Jim and I puttered around here when we returned. Jim put in some more light stakes on the wire fence as I was fearful if the girls saw something really enticing - like a squirrel or a cat - on the other side of the wire that the jumping the girls do would cause the wire to collapse. It shouldn't now so I will feel better about leaving them for a length of time.

We also tackled some vacuuming of the cold air return. Jim even took the cover off and vacuumed the lining of the return - very gross. We should do it more often, but it gets done about once a year. It is rather a nuisance to have to climb on a step stool, remove the needed screws, do the cleaning, and then reverse the procedure. Oh, well that area is now clean and I replaced the filter on the furnace so maybe things will be a little cleaner.

Jim headed over to the track a little before 3:00 and I followed a little later. I had spent quite a bit of time "hooking" today as well as finally getting around to sewing the loose ends of the three chemo caps that were finished on Saturday. I am an excellent procrastinator!

It wasn't too cool when I arrived at the track, but thank goodness I carried in a blanket as well as a heavy, hooded sweatshirt - had donned thermal clothes prior to leaving the house. When the sun went down, the air really cooled off quickly. I tried to download a photo, but after two attempts (and it being late for me) decided to try to remember to attempt the procedure again tomorrow. One of the irritations of downloading a photo is that when you pull the photos up on the screen, the picture doesn't show up, just the icon. I guess I need to go in and look at them first and determine which icon I want to "publish."

Jim joins the old fogies for breakfast in the a.m. and then sees Dr. Kozminski at 9:30 for his bone scan results. I take the car in at 1:00 to see why the steering column has been "twanging." Of course there will be vaulting practice in the afternoon - so the day proceeds.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home