Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sat. & Sun. March 25&26



From a now dark, warmer MO,

I thought I would show you an early stage of my newest hooking project. I do have one of two tulips now done and one of several stems. I've started on the border, but you can tell I have a LONG way to go. I'm estimating three months.

We had a full day on Saturday. The alarm went off at 5:00 and we were leaving here to go to HyVee at 5:45. We had ordered and just gotten seated when Alex showed up and had breakfast with us - good old biscuits and gravy. We didn't have that, but it sure looked enticing.

The temperature at Warrensburg left a lot to be desired - am guessing in the 40s, and it wasn't too bad when the sun was shining, but when the sun went behind a cloud - the temperature quickly dropped. All six of the vaulters cleared a height so that was good. In this early season meet, the three heights are added and that determines a "team" placement - am thinking the girls may have finished fifth and maybe the boys third or fourth. The two older boys didn't have one of their better days, but the freshman just soared to a very good height for a freshman - in fact higher than our two older boys.

We left Warrensburg about 3:00 - meet not over, but pole vaulting was and Jim was quite tired. We were back in Chillicothe about 5:00. We took Alex home (his vehicle being repaired in a shop) and then Jim dropped me off - then he went to fill up with gas. We were in bed shortly after 8:00 last night. I was quickly asleep and Jim tried to stay awake to see the UCLA game. Thankfully, the girls slept soundly until about 4:30 this a.m. - that makes over 8 hours in their sleeping crate which I think is long enough - was quite proud of them.

We haven't done too much today. We've of course enjoyed the morning newspapers. Kansas City had an excellent feature on Norman, OK so we have added that to our Austin trip data. We dozed during the middle part of the day and I am ready to go to bed now - am sure Jim will be there soon as well. He is feeling quite a bit better and is going to join us upstairs tonight.

I did fix a roast in the pressure cooker this evening. Jim was wanting one bad enough that he volunteered to stay close to the kitchen while the pressure cooker was doing its thing. I had gotten some asparagus today at HyVee as well as some strawberries so supper was composed of roast, baked potato, steamed asparagus, and strawberries over store bought cake. I will probably convert the remaining roast into a combination with noodles tomorrow. Am not sure where I will go with that.

We have a few errands to do on Monday. The steering column in the car I drive has been sounding like a tight rubber band so I'll go by Barnes Baker and see what needs to be done. Beyond that about the only thing on the agenda is pole vault practice in the afternoon.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooking project looks good. Do you think you would ever design your own patterns?
--Sister M.

3/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home