Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sun. April 2


Progress has been made this week. You will note a lot of straggly wool, but this will eventually be incorporated. I want to get the yellow border finished so I know how much yellow I have left. I've not cut all the yellow, but the pitcher is taking a lot more than I anticipated. The color is not very good in this, but the background is a muted gray/blue with small spots of orange every so often that match the eventually finished three orange flowers - a little brighter than shown. The multi-color tulips are created by using a plaid fabric.


From a sunny, windy, and who knows stormy MO,

I think so far the storms are moving to our south, but we periodically check the tv channels to see if anything is changing. At one point the western sky looked rather ominious, but has cleared at this (3:39 p.m.) time.

We did get some rain last night. I'm not sure how much, but at one time water was standing in some lower areas of our front yard. At some point this week we will have to get the lawnmowers outs to take care of the grass height. The backyard will be somewhat of a problem with the temporary fence, but we will figure out how to do it.

I have been hungry for "King Ranch casserole" so that has been in the crockpot since a little after lunch.

I was going to mop the kitchen and dining room floors today, but with the rain have decided to do a "Scarlet O'Hara" and think about it tomorrow.

We have made it through the two big morning newspapers, but don't have much else to show for our waking hours - maybe we needed a day of rest.

We have some errands to do on Monday - sign up for Part D Medicare supplement, go by post office, and who knows what else. I have some sheet music with Grim's signature on it and I've been planning on taking it to Kelly to be framed for over a month - so maybe tomorrow would be a good day. I also need to make an initial sweep through the closet and take out winter clothes that haven't been worn for awhile - of course will need to keep two or three sweatshirts out and a few turtlenecks. It will be nice to get into t-shirts again.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara, did Grim Natwick do the artwork for the covers of the sheet music?
--Sister M.

4/03/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home