Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tues. - Sat. May 2-5

From a warm and muggy MO,

We actually have had a rather quiet past few days - or at least until today. Jim joined both breakfast groups on Wednesday while I headed to HyVee to join Pat and Jerry. A few of us got together at noon for lunch at Washington Street, but other than that the day was calm.

I have started the third CJ Sansom book, SOVEREIGN, and about one/third of the way through it. It is not a difficult read, but requires a lot more attention than the light mysteries that I've been reading.

I joined the ladies for breakfast on Thursday - am thinking we had seven there. Mary W. had gone to Sparks, KS to do some antiquing with her husband and was absent. Judy M. was also gone, but found out today that she and her brother had gone to Iowa for a funeral.

Friday saw Jim joining the second breakfast group while I headed to HyVee, but Pat was not there yet. Instead I made a trip through McDonald's and then stopped by the post office to get a few more of the current stamps. I am trying to keep from having more than necessary come the 14th. I joined Pat N. for lunch at the Boji Stone. It had been ages since I had eaten there and the food was quite good. Afterwards, we went to Clemens greenhouse where I picked up six tomato plants along with flowers for five containers. The latter probably need something planted in the center, but that will come on my next wave of ambition. I finally got everything planted except for three tomatoes and that ground needed to be spaded for a second time.

We left here about 8:00 this morning to go to Cameron to the conference track meet. Jim helped the regular pole vault coach run off the pole vault event. The day began overcast and probably in the low 70s, but ended with bright sun and probably closer to 80 - along with humidity. Jim was ready to sit down when the event was finally through a little before 3:00. I am afraid we didn't stay to see the last 4x400 relays - came on home.

Jim mowed the yard when we arrived home as we are supposed to get rain starting on Sunday through the rest of the week. I did some minor pick-up in the house. I spaded half the small area for tomatoes and Jim finished it for me. I now have a total of six tomato plants out and have space to add a few green peppers. I need a few more flowers to plant, but will wait and see what the weather is like on Monday to do that.

I am sure we will be resting on Sunday. We always enjoy the two Sunday newspapers - and beyond that - nothing is scheduled.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home