Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tues. & Wed. April 17 & 18

From a Missouri where maybe spring has finally arrived!

Before I begin, Jean S. came by after school today to tell me that Betty McCoy died today. Betty taught seventh grade science at the junior high from about the second year I came until probably 1993. She was a very creative teacher and liked for the students to search out answers through experiements and other activities.

Tuesday was a full day for us - maybe too full. We walked at the Y about 8:00 and by about 9:30, we were heading to the NKC area. We stopped at Roger's for Jim to check out fishing equipment, then went on to Sam's as I wanted to get trays for Velma (doesn't need them yet, but we are toying with going to Pomme next week), ate at O'Charley's, and then checked prices of sheets at Target and Kohl's. We really hadn't had the other sheets that many years, but they were getting very think and had a few holes in them.

We were at Cameron a little after 3:00 and Jim helped Mike J. run off the pole vault. The cross bar broke again this year - and after trying to fix it, the sag just kept getting more and more pronounced. Actually a second one was also broken and eventually a third one was located - surived until the end. I don't think I've ever seen a pole completely broken, but these were definitely damaged in the middle. Jim was exhausted by the end - had taken about an hour longer than necessary because of the numerous repairs.

We arrived back in Chillicothe a little after 8:00 and initially I thought we would just leave the car at B/B as I had asked them to lock it with the keys inside. We decided to stop by and get the car - thank goodness - as the window on the driver's side was down and the keys were in the ignition! Needless to say, I passed on my unhappiness at the service desk this a.m.

Jim joined both breakfast groups this morning and we eventually walked at the Y. I had not tried the treadmill before and since Jim was the only other user, I asked him to get me going on it. I don't know whether it was because I was already so tired, had already eaten breakfast, or whatever, but I didn't last long. I really didn't think I was walking that fast, but I have been exhausted the rest of the day. I also had not slept well last night - just couldn't get to sleep and I had not had any sweets or caffeine - so don't know what was going on.

I had a haircut this a.m. - usually get it done on Thursday, but Amy and her family are flying to Boston on Thursday to attend a convention relative to Tay-Sachs - the final diagnosis of her one year old son.

The girls had "haircuts" this afternoon and look great - as well as smell great. Abby is currently on my lap and Trixie is at my feet - will take Abby's place if she decides to get off - which I doubt.

I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m. and then will probably walk with Jim at the Y. I have my "last" library board meeting in the afternoon. It probably is good timing as my replacement will be voting on some important items and by next month there should be even more to vote on relative to the renovation of the current library. I will probably be in tears when I leave as I have gained so much by my almost 8 years on the board.

If I don't get on the computer on Thursday, I probably won't be on again until Saturday as we will attend the track meet at Excelsior Springs on Friday evening - and will be home late.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home