Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wed. &Thurs. April 11 & 12

From a sunny, but crisp MO,

These two days have been relatively easy on us. Jim joined both breakfast groups on Wednesday a.m. and I headed to HyVee to join Pat. Jim and I walked about 10:00 at the Y. Helen came down from Princeton and several of us gathered at the Steakhouse for lunch - then I slept the afternoon away.

I joined the ladies for breakfast this a.m. - am thinking that maybe 8 of us were there - Jan, Clara, Pat, Sandy, Julie, Margaret, and yours truly - am leaving out someone, but the old mind is tired. Mary W. had gone to the NKC area with her husband early this a.m. for follow-up tests from the treatment he had received earlier. Margaret was back from the Master's where she and her husband had enjoyed (even if cold) the days on the course.

Jim and I walked about 10:00 today at the Y - then I headed for bed. I don't think I slept that much, but didn't have energy to get anything postive accomplished - housework or reading. We did get out about 3:30 to take care of Jim's supplemental health insurance that comes due on June 1 - will switch companies and save about $200. Afterwards we headed to the track as Jim wanted to see how the vaulters did at Maryville yesterday - terrible weather - rain and cold - as we had not gone.

I am hoping to curl up with the book by Sansom - DISSOLUTION - again tonight. It is not a fast read, but I am rather enjoying the content so far. I am somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 finished.

The Relays are here tomorrow afternoon. I haven't looked today at a weather forecast, but the last one I saw called for thunderstorms. I volunteered to make sandwiches so I won't get the ingredients until late in the a.m. I get some shaved ham as I can always chop that and freeze it for ham and beans. I will also get some shaved turkey or chicken as that can be used in the sour cream enchiladas if necessary.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home