Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April 24-May 1

From a somewhat muggy MO,

We have had quite a week. Jim went to Pomme on the 23rd and I followed on the afternoon of the 24th. I had numerous errands on the morning of the 24th - including dropping the girls off at the kennel - as well as a meeting to choose a recipient of the Retired Teachers' scholarship. I left here about 2:15 for Pomme.

We had rain on Tuesday night, Wednesday - off and on, Thursday off-and on, and as I remember even a few showers on Friday. We at least escaped the heavy winds that seemed to go around us. Jim had a perfect camping site towards the point, but of course that also made us more susceptible to winds.

The first evening I noticed a buzzing noise around me and realized it was a hummingbird. I fixed the "nectar" that evening and put up the feeder the next morning. We had a hummingbird pair as well as a Baltimore oriole use the feeder.

Jim made a trip to Bass Pro in Springfield on Tuesday morning and both of us went to Springfield on Wednesday as it was raining. We really didn't do much, but I had a marvelous time at Barnes and Noble.

I read several books by Robin Paige while I was there. Pat N. had started me on this Victorian mystery series and they soon had me caught up. They are light reading - just right for the lake.

We joined the Wheelers on Saturday evening for a fish fry. Jim had caught one fish on Friday and he and John took out one of John's grandsons (and his friend) on Saturday to get more fish. Of course we had to have hushpuppies as well as fried potatoes. Jill also threw some canned biscuits (cut in half) into the fryer and then rolled them in a cinnamon/sugar combo - they were definitely a hit.

We started to take up camp on Sunday evening with the plans of getting an early start on Monday - but the slideout - didn't want to slide in on Monday a.m. We are guessing the motor has gone bonkers as we couldn't even get a humming sound. We eventually arrived in Chillicothe about 3:00. After unloading, we picked up the girls at 4:30 - and they didn't want to let us out of their sight.

We managed to get the laundry done, items put away, and I even was able to get most of the last of the paperwork done relative to the scholarship. I just need to take the certificate to the high school (part of our errands in a little while.)

We have run several errands this morning, Jim has mowed the yard (almost looked like a jungle), and we are about to set out on a second round of errands. We did walk with the girls this morning about 7:30, but Jim had a difficult time on the uneven road - so we will probably be back to the Y on Wednesday.

Forty-four years ago today I was in labor. It is hard to imagine that Doug turns 44 today. Dara forwarded a photo of him as a birthday party with "44" on the football jersey.

We don't have too much coming up the rest of the week. Jim joins the old fogies on Wednesday, I'll be back with the ladies on Thursday, and Jim will again join the old fogies on Friday. I think the conference track meet is on Saturday, but Jim maintains it is on Friday - so we need to double check that minor detail.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home