Monday, April 23, 2007

Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun, & Mon. April 19-23

From another gorgeous spring day in MO,

I didn't realize it had been this long since I've been on this blog. I think we had seven at breakfast on Thursday morning and then I had a very abbreviated library board meeting in the afternoon. My replacement was there and as soon as we had a quorum with the old board, then I scooted out.

Jim joined the second breakfast group on Friday a.m. and then we left here about 10:00 to 10:30 to head to Liberty. We checked out Kohl's first as Jim had found some ban-lon type of shirts there last week that he really liked - and the price was right - so he picked up another couple or three on Friday. We ate at O'Charley's, did some puttering at Target, and then headed to Excelsior Springs.

The various field event teams were already warming up when we arrived and the girls' pole vault started about 30 minutes later. It was a lovely afternoon for a track meet. There was sort of a cool breeze in the evening, but I tucked Jim's sweatshirt around my neck and I was fine. We left about 8:00 as I had hit the "brick wall" about 6:00 - arrived home about 10:00. I guess the meet was actually over about 10:00.

On Saturday, we did a few a.m. errands and then I picked Vickie G. up about 9:45 and headed to the Presbyterian church for Betty's funeral. I anticipated a large crowd and the upstairs was full, but not packed. I don't know if they had to seat late arrivals elsewhere. I hadn't seen the two girls in years and had the younger one as a seventh grader when I first came to Chillicothe in 1967.

A cousin (from my mom's side of the family) came over a little after 12:00 and we went to the SteakHouse for lunch. Jim had spent the a.m. replacing oil in the engine of his boat and also fixing a defective back light. Margaret and I spent some time at Kay G.'s after lunch. Kay and Margaret had been roommates years ago at MU.

Sunday was sort of a puttering day for us - packing, laundry, checking lists, and eventually enjoying the two morning newspapers. Of course there were also errands to be done.

We left here about 7:45 this a.m. as we had taken the truck to the shed last evening with a forecast of some potentially bad weather. We retrieved the truck and then went to the FEC station where Jim checked tire pressure on both vehicles. We then headed out in separate directions - Jim home to pack up items that had been organized yesterday while I went by the vet's office to see if they had space for the two girls (they did), post office, high school to pick up scholarship applications, and was at the libary by 9:00 to help with the first "public" day of the annual used book sale.

The other volunteer and myself kept a rough tally of what money was brought in and we were approaching the $350 amount when we left at 1:00 - probably the average price of a book was $1.00! I had taken some paperwork to putter with and a book to read, but didn't touch either one while I was there. When I first looked at my watch, it was almost 11:30!

I ate alone at the SteakHouse afterwards - a hamburger and a side salad, and then went to the bank to get some cash for the trip to Pomme. From there I came on home and puttered with scholarship data. Pat called a little later and we met at HyVee for awhile and made plans to go to Country Kitchen for our evening meal. I really outdid myself at supper - ended up having a caramel and pecan waffle - and of course also topping it with pecan syrup. I have enough sugar in me that probably is more than a usual week -- but it was excellent. I am so tired already that I don't think it will effect my sleep tonight.

Jim has called from Pomme and he is safely there. He had the boat parked at the campsite and was in line at the water station so as to fill the reservoir in the trailer. Of course after that he had the setting up and then clearing the water lines of the anti-freeze that we had put in last year. He always adds some Clorox to the water. We don't drink from the reservoir as I keep a gallon container of drinking water in the kitchen and in the bathroom. I would guess the water would be safe, but I am not wanting to take any chances. Jim has decided to go to Springfield on Tuesday and spend some time at the Bass Pro - without feeling guilty about me reading in a waiting area (which I don't mind doing.)

I doubt if I will be back on the blog until April 30th or May 1.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home