Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tues. May 30

From a warmish MO,

I guess I complain about the cold, but at least you can add another layer - unless it is quite bitter. In my obesity, I can't shed clothes as well as I used to and I must admit I am already ready for it to be fall.

We have had a rather active day. Jim pounded some metal posts into the ground this a.m. - maybe 6 or 7 - and has tried to use wire from the fence to the posts to reinforce the fence - hopefully it will still be standing when we get back from Pomme. He was exhausted after the effort.

I puttered inside with laundry and packing needed items for the trailer - most will be left in the trailer for this summer and fall, but would have frozen over the winter. I could have gone to the store in Hermitage to get most of the items, but the girls would have been left in the crate in the trailer as it is too warm to leave them in the car.

I tried to doze during the middle part of the day, but Jim was on the move so it was hopeless. I called Barnes Baker motors about 2:00 to see if the car was ready - was - so I went down and brought it home. Then I set out on a second round of errands - vet's to get some more Frontline Plus, Kelly's to pick up the newly framed photo of the vaulters that Butch put together for Jim, plastic bags from HyVee and WalMart to the library, information to the Ad Page relative to the Jobson reunion (mailed same data to Macon and Brookfield yesterday), and surely something else. About 3:30, I headed to a local car wash as the car I drive has been needing a bath for several weeks.

We will do some loading of the vehicles tonight with items that can take the heat. Jim plans on leaving early in the a.m. - will pull the boat - and is supposed to call me when he has selected a site at the camp ground. I will then load the coolers (frozen and non frozen items), load the girls, and then we will take off to Pomme - usually takes me a little more than 3 hours if the roads are in good shape. Hopefully the girls won't need to stop until we get to the campground.

I'll be back on next week - probably Wednesday.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home