Friday, May 26, 2006

Fri. May 26

From a now dark and late (for me) MO,

This has been an active day!

Thank goodness the girls slept well last night. I think I was up with them about 4:00 and Jim released them for the day about 6:00 this a.m. The way they are so happy you would think they had been in their sleeping crate for days!

Jim joined one of his breakfast groups this a.m. - while I set out on some errands. I didn't take the girls as it was close to 70 degrees and was already warmish, sunny, and somewhat humid. Leslie had already been here to set a trap for the remaining kitten.

Jim mowed the yard after his breakfast and I must admit that I didn't get too much done - laundry started and moved over with another load being started, went through some accumulated bills and mail, made a trip to HyVee, etc.

I dozed during the middle part of the day while Jim left here a little before 2:00 to see the new Poiseden movie.

I left here about 3:00 to head to Bucklin. We had a good crew there - Betty (a first cousin), Grace Ann (another first cousin), her husband and son, Bobby (another first cousin), Aunt Maxine, Harvey (another first cousin), his wife and daughter, and a couple of drop ins. We met a distant cousin who lives in Nevada (the state) and she and her husband drove over from Macon to set up a family tree that she had drawn. I'm guessing it is a good 15 feet or more long and the height is a good yard or more. She definitely has artistic talent as the tree is magnificent. She had also made three easels showing family photos, etc - again done with an artistic talent and creativity that I think family members will look at in awe tomorrow.

Most of us ended up eating at Tall Paul's in Bucklin. The food was good and the company excellent.

I arrived home in time to accidently see the last of the made for tv movie about Ike and D-Day. It was really good - explains why I haven't been on earlier.

Oh, by 9:00 this a.m. I checked the trap and the fifth kitten was safely inside. When Jim returned from his breakfast, we took the trap and kitten to our local animal shelter - now it can join its mother and siblings.

We are leaving here about 9:30 to head to Bucklin. I need to ice down bottled water in the a.m., but everything else has already been taken over.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going to happen to the kittens?

--Sister M

5/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home