Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thurs. May 18

From a sunny, almost warmish MO,

This has been another full day, but the girls slept well last night - and that means I get a good night of sleep.

I headed out the door about 7:15 this a.m. to head to Country Kitchen to join the ladies - Pat, Sandy, Judy Duncan, Mary, Mary Dusenberry, and Laurinda. It was good to have the last two with us as they can join us only when school is out. Sandy's grandson came through his tube surgery in good shape yesterday, Judy's bedroom has been repainted and was to get some new furniture today, Laurinda and Pat were tackling after school jobs in the library, Mary Willis always has several projects going, and I just planned on going from one place to another.

One thing that happened at breakfast this a.m. was that an older gentleman, Orville, (and I know many of you have seen him walking all over town with his wife - and later pushing her in a wheelchair) seemed okay when I arrived, but soon afterwards was leaning back in the seat with his mouth open and a hand on his chest. Pat checked with him and he said he was having chest pains. An ambulance was called. By the time they got there he was in a prone position on the bench. Orville's wife died maybe three weeks ago. When I saw Pat later this afternoon, she had not heard as to how he was doing.

Jim and I mowed the yard this a.m. a little after 10:00. I did the riding lawnmower and he did the push mower. I don't think he had planned on doing the perimeter, but the morning was cool and thought that it would be a good time to do it.

I had a RSVP meeting at 12:15 and a library board meeting at 1:30 - so the afternoon was spent in that general area.

The new baby girl arrived home this afternoon so there will be a lot of activity next door. I'll let things slow down some before I go over. Mary Thompson was going to make muffins to take.

Jim has gone to see a movie (sorry - will need to ask him what movie when he gets back, but he thought I probably wouldn't want to see it.)

At this point we don't have much on our agenda for Friday. I received a bill from our local hospital today (for Jim) and we haven't received an Explanation of Benefits. This happened about a month ago and they sent me a copy of the EOB so I guess I'll just go in tomorrow and ask them to make a xerox copy for me. I'm not sure what is going on with our new insurance as we have received EOBs in the past few months - so???

I've been writing some bills this afternoon and getting some cards ready to mail - so the post office is on my agenda for Friday. I would like to get the Diane Mott Davidson book finished tomorrow - hadn't planned on taking so long to read it.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home