Monday, May 15, 2006

Mon. May 15

From a day that can't decide whether to be overcast or sunny, but either way not quite warm,

This has been a FULL day --

The girls slept well last night and that sure helps when I get a good night of sleep. Our morning with them began about 5:30. They were so glad to see us (after they had been outside) and of course needed to romp some before they settled down - about the time my alarm was to go off.

I had the typing for Mobile Meals this a.m. It went fairly well - only had one addition - and I had no problem running the "list" off. The labels were another thing in that we could only run one set at a time - mainly our problem as the third page did not have labels that extended past the middle part of the page - so we always run a second copy of page three by hand feeding the sheets. Ruth and I finally got them done, but Ruth had given up in frustration. Patty has installed a new program for us and it will be much easier to do - or at least it was for the walk through today. We only have to type changes (additions, deletions, corrections, etc.) in once rather than twice as one example. Anyway, it took a good two hours this a.m., but next Monday should be a lot shorter.

I made a trip home to see how Jim was faring with the girls (they were on his lap) so I took off to do the final xeroxing for the Jobson reunion. That is now done, placed in envelopes, and ready for distribution on the 27th. Next I made a trip to the bank for cash and then headed to HyVee for a quick shopping for items for supper. Oh, yes, earlier - I had gone by Clemens Greenhouse to get some purple wave petunias as well as six tomato plants and some so-called "burpless" cucumbers.

I followed Jim over to the track about 1:00 and did a little to help him on putting away (and making an inventory) poles so they will be ready for next year. I left there about 2:30 and came home. They I plants flowers, but will hold on to the tomato plants for a few more days as the nights are cool enough that not much growth is going to happen - also the small garden needs to be turned over again.

I have supper going now and hope to make it an early night to bed.

Jim will do some work on dismantling the standards at the pole vault pit tomorrow and Vickie will send down some girls to carry them to the storage shed. On Wednesday the porta pits and underlying frames will be stored - then the season is almost over.

I have a few errands to do tomorrow, but don't plan on doing a great many things - actually the house needs a good vacuuming and dusting - maybe that will be my project.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home