Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wed. May 3

Keyboard is working again --

Pat and I made a trip to St. Joseph to Best Buy on Monday and the result of the diagnostic test was that we had used up too much memory for the keyboard to be able to work. I had them add more memory and then a local kid came by today to attach all the wires as well as load a program called Spyware. He has did a defragmentation as well as a few other items. Jim and I also intend to go through some of our things to see what can be deleted - anyway, it is marvelous to be back on line!!!!

We had rain last night - and luckily the girls slept through the first round and when they needed to go outside - we were having a moment of no rain. They hadn't been back inside too long when we had another round of rain - both had been accompanied with thunder and lightning.

Jim has now headed over to the track and will have practice if the weather cooperates. Chillicothe hosts the MEC meet on Saturday and then we begin going into district, sectional, and state. In between there will be one meet at St. Joseph Benton - so the end is sort of coming into sight.

Some of you know Liz Cunningham. She gave such a marvelous talk at Dayle Russell funeral. Chuck's column in the Ad Pages today indicated that she is dealing with cancer. I need to get a card off to her. Donna - you probably know what is going on and I would appreciate your sharing it with me.

We really haven't done that much in recent days - track practice, playing with girls, trip to St. Joseph, lunch today at the bowling alley, and I am reading a marvelous book - MARLEY AND ME - am thinking the author's name is Grogan - anyway it is on the best seller list. If you are an animal lover - get the book.

I join the ladies for breakfast in the a.m. and beyond that we don't have much planned. I need to get a reply off to Canada relative to a wedding that is happening at St. Catherine's, Ontario. The significance of this place is that my great, great grandparents lived there for fifteen or so years while he worked on the Welland Canal.

I am also wanting to finish up some genealogy paperwork so I can get to a local xerox place and get it finished for the Jobson reunion. I have about three sections left and would like to get at least two of them done either this week or the first part of next week - shouldn't be a problem with the keyboard working again.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home