Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thurs. April 27

From a warmer, somewhat overcast MO,

Correction: John e-mailed me today to indicate that he thought it was Jim Nashan that was in the hospital -- I knew that, but for some reason indicated Don Dupy - leave it to tiredness and old age -

This has been a busy day. We had nine at breakfast this a.m. - about the only one somewhat new was Marsha Leopard - all the others are frequently in attendance - just not at the same time. Needless to say there were many conversations going on today.

When I finally got back home - (not their fault, I just didn't want to leave Country Kitchen) - Jim and I did a few errands and then returned home. Jim was soon dozing and I puttered on some things that needed to be done on my "to do" list - am whittling it down, but it seems that when I whittle - I also add something - oh, well.

I headed out again on errands a little after 12:00 and eventually reached the RSVP office about 1:00. Tony Figg arrived a few minutes later to set up the new computer and see if there were glitches - all went well until we got to the labels - then major frustration. He eventually did a "round about way" of doing them and we were finally successful - about 2 and 1/2 hours later. Then I needed to go to HyVee.

Jim is just finishing mowing as it looks as if we have rain in the forecast and the grass doesn't need to get much higher.

One of the things I did today was to go by to see Charles and Pat Meek. First I needed him to sign a scholarship certificate - which I took to the high school. In the meantime they had mentioned that a new puppy was being delivered to them today - am thinking it is a poodle and some kind of Chinese mixture. They also deliberated after Hank died about getting another child, but seem to be quite excited about this prospect.

Jim will have pole vault practice of Friday as well as breakfast in the a.m. with some of the old guys. I plan on doing some more "to do" items and get a few more things marked off my list.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home