Friday, April 14, 2006

Fri. April 14

From a warmish MO,

This has been a full day for us. The girls slept well last night - better than Jim did as we was moving a little after 5:00 this a.m. I stayed in bed until probably 7:30, showered, and then headed to the drive-thru at McDonald's. On the way home, I stopped at the business where I xerox and did some minor projects. I had received over the years several items that were folded and I knew they would be a hassle when I did mass xeroxing in about a month - so am one step closer.

Jim was gone by the time I returned home as he had breakfast with Dupy, Redford, Shaffer, and Leroy Butts this a.m. Jim is thinking that Nashan is about ready to have knee replacement surgery.

We met with Kathy Hibler about 10:30 to go over options for long-term care and will do some thinking on it in upcoming days.

When we left Kathy, we headed to the NKC area - first going by a shoe place that carried Birkenstocks (had found address this a.m. on internet) and discovered they had moved, but we didn't recognize the address. We headed on west to Red Lobster and enjoyed our usual lunch there - Jim loves the "Sam Adams" fish, baked potato, and Caesar salad while I had a combo of small shrimp, scallops, and a stuffed item - along with baked potato and Caesar salad. We really do prefer the noon menu - of course cheaper, but the portions are also much better for us.

When we returned to the truck, I tried the telephone number for the store and they told us how to find it - close to I-29 and Barry Rd - in same shopping area as Panera (and we knew where this Panera was). I try to get a new pair of Birks when I have been wearing my current pair for two or three years - then begin gradually breaking in the new pair so it will be ready in another few years when the current pair die - my last pair wore so thin that you could see my skin on my heel. I know they can have the soles replaced and might try that this time.

We then went to Sam's as we were needing to get some styrofoam trays for Velma. I don't think she needed them for about 3 weeks, but we don't have too many Saturdays open between now and the end of May and the ones we do have out of town track meets on the Friday evening before - and then we need Saturday to recuperate!

I found a few more "Jobson" items this a.m. and hope to get them typed into the file before I close up shop for the evening.

We have no big plans for Saturday other than rest. We are going to bring two or three water hoses over from the shed and also go by the post office to pick up mail - beyond that I hope to just putter.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home